Wall Street Journal ponders: did diversity cause the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank?

Do you remember when the Wall Street Journal used to do serious journalism? Yeah, me neither…

7 Likes

Exactly. This is perfect.
I mean, if only when white men were in charge, everything went swimmingly. :roll_eyes:
If anything, history provides ample evidence that they should not be left in charge.

9 Likes

Well, he certainly got ‘engagement’ with his op-ed, so I’m sure the WSJ is very happy right now.
Because that was the point, getting people to read something. Being correct or incorrect (or horrifically racist) is beside the point, “Engagement” is the only metric they care about, and publishing egregiously wrong opinions is the way to do that.

We all fed the trolley, and now they’ll find some other wing-nut with an opinion to publish next month, because it worked.

3 Likes

Next month? The WSJ is notorious for publishing wall to wall wing-nut op-eds, every day.

9 Likes

I’m trying to think of what the best reductio-ad-absurdum Onion headline spoofing this would be.

Maybe “New Paleontology Study: Chicxulub Asteroid Impact, Extinction of Dinosaurs Triggered by Corporate Wokeism”

9 Likes

Which is why I’ve blocked them I all my news feeds.

Way back when they still had people call to try to drum up subscriptions I had a sales person ask why I didn’t want to subscribe. I told them I didn’t want to support a bunch of bigoted op-ed contributors. Jettison them and I’d consider it.

I still don’t have a subscription.

8 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

5 Likes

the racism is never an accident

it’s not like they’re anti-racist half the time

7 Likes
14 Likes

The Onion gets closer and closer to reality every day.

I had a friend who taught Science Courses at a university in Colorado, and he was once offered free subscriptions to Important Newspapers during his employment there. He said completely straight-faced that he gets all his news from The Onion. The university admin was… speechless. That was in the 1990s.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure you could get people to parrot this talking point unironically on fox.

5 Likes

… something tells me the uni. admins expected their profs to be reading all those Important Publications during their “free time” :confused:

6 Likes

11 Likes

fuck this

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.