Walmart heirs' net worth exceeds that of population of a city the size of Phoenix

Not really an option for most. Walmart has priced it’s competition out of business and is the only go to in a lot of areas especially if you’re poor.

1 Like

I think the problem with that is that of course, for ourselves, we know the whole story, and are able to rationalize away our own failings… but the other guy, well, he’s just an idiot/jerk/loser/whatever else… We allow ourselves wiggle room for our failings while holding others up to a greater standard. Honestly, it’s hard NOT to think that way… we all probably fail in that regard (I do all the time and will freely admit it).

I have a lot of issues with how walmart operates, with the historically low taxation of the the rich in the US, and with how they’re effectively beyond the law.

However, I don’t really have an issue with earning obscene profits from an 11000 store chain; that’s just an expected side effect of growing that large. If they’d gotten to that size without the underhanded tactics I would even have been kind of impressed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.