Waste away at Jimmy Buffet's new retirement community

The Margaritavile branding idea would make a better cruise ship then retirement community.

5 Likes

When my friends are gone and my hair* is grey, and I ache in the places where I used to play, I’m going somewhere where the women tear their blouses off and the men they dance on the polka dots at closing time.

*Poetic license.

6 Likes

“You can check out any time you like but you can never leave” does sound a bit like a depressing retirement home.

12 Likes

good point. i know i certainly can’t afford to.

“Every summer we can rent a cottage
In the Isle of Wight, if it’s not too dear.”

2 Likes

I’m seeing an assisted-suicide clinic where we can go for “The Cure”. Afterwards, the “Dead Can Dance.”

6 Likes

Too bad Kurt Cobain isn’t around anymore. He coulda opened a retirement community called Nirvana.

6 Likes

hmmmm, yes, yes… i can definitely see this being one angle.

omg, right?? OPPORTUNITY MISSED.

3 Likes

“Margaritavile” intentional quip or freudian slip?

How about a cruise ship and retirement community in one.

3 Likes

At every port they let people on, but no one leaves.

3 Likes

Serious: Adele?
Not serious: Beiber?

1 Like

That looks lovely, but I suspect there’s a hearty dose of this coming up

4 Likes

Courtney could still do it. She’s crass enough to try.

2 Likes

My in-laws do the cruise ship thing every year. They met someone who literally moved onto a cruise ship permanently. So that’s not so far-fetched.

5 Likes

Even though his following rivals the Dead’s, I don’t think most of the Parrotheads qualify as hippies.

2 Likes

They’re already on it:

Raise a glass and take a bite out of paradise at Jimmy Buffett’s first-ever floating Margaritaville at Sea and then head on over to the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar where every hour is happy hour. Or enjoy the perfect margarita and dig into a cheeseburger at LandShark Bar & Grill while soaking in the views at Harvest Caye.

3 Likes

woah, i’d love to talk to that person, I wonder what life would be like? do they stay on the same one or move around?

1 Like

She literally moved onto a ship. Same cabin, goes wherever it goes.

3 Likes