Watch: a pair of bald eagles are entangled on a Minnesota street

Reminds me of this song…

4 Likes

Group Hug Debacle

14 Likes

No matter what US politics metaphor you’re trying to make this into, just remember that there are a lot of good eagles on both sides.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this happen with birds before when they have flown into a window - they get stunned for a little while and then fly off like everything is ok after they have had some time to “reboot”. Hopefully, this is what happened here.

2 Likes

Yeah that was my guess too - hit a tree, a car, a window, got stunned and recovered.

ETA - rereading, I meant one of those things happened to the bat, not some slapstick event where all 4 of them happened.

1 Like
4 Likes

Am I supposed to just ignore the part about Crystal Slusher: Voice of the Eagle?

“Eagles have been known to swoop down and attack people,” Wood said in the video. “They’re very territorial and they’re just trying to protect their nests. Some people have been hurt during these incidents.”

Holy. Shirt. I regularly get swooped by (Australian) magpies in Spring - they hate cyclists - and a couple of times a year end up with a scratch on my face or scalp. The thought of being swooped by a bird that has ENORMOUS BLOODY TALONS, A GIANT FUCKING BEAK AND WEIGHS … checks google … BETWEEN 10 AND 20 TIMES AS MUCH AS A MAGPIE…

Er, no thanks.

3 Likes

John Cena Friendship GIF by HBO Max

2 Likes

That’s a red tailed hawk’s cry, not a bald eagle.

2 Likes

reaction-muppets

2 Likes

No wonder they’re nearly fucking extinct

A creepy thing about living in Minnesota is that at the same time that global ecosystems are collapsing, local fauna populations are bouncing back. I know that things are bad overall, but this truth is constantly betrayed by my eyes which report a steady stream of geese, eagles, foxes, swans, and other charismatic animals which were near-extinct in my childhood.

1 Like

Is it just me, but do they look just a little bit embarrassed about the whole situation?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.