Watch how Hong Kong protestors neutralize police tear gas canisters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/29/watch-how-hong-kong-protestors.html

7 Likes
17 Likes

Awesome. I just hope the cops don’t respond with more lethal means now.

10 Likes

Why didn’t WE think of that fifty years ago?!?!?!?

10 Likes

I hope those traffic cones aren’t stolen; that would be illegal.

9 Likes

Whoa hang on there lads, that’s destruction of Gov’t property. Not cool, mkay?

2 Likes

I just love how organized and businesslike they are about it. Antifa teachable moment.

12 Likes

They already have, long ago – and are looking for an excuse to use them.

They first tried boycotting art museums, but the traffic cone method seems to work much better.

Just throwing an idea out there, since someday we might need it:

Wrap the traffic cone’s bottom in saran wrap, and prefill it with water. Just slap it down, the grenade burns or tears through, then sploosh. One step, one guy, not multiple steps by a team.

5 Likes

There’s no destruction. The cones are unharmed. Just the street finding its own uses for things.

6 Likes

If you’re going to go through that much hassle, you’re probably better off just duct taping a fire extinguisher to the top hole of the cone so it can be used multiple times.

Not a chemist so I really wouldn’t know what kind of extinguisher to use without it becoming dangerous and/or ineffective.

Plus people forget how heavy a bag of water can be (number 3) https://www.toptenz.net/10-crazy-improvised-prison-weapons.php

2 Likes

These people have more balls than most Americans

5 Likes

“Tonight on Asia’s Funniest Home Videos…”

5 Likes

I read an interview with a pair of Ukrainian protestors. Their method for dealing with cops in riot gear was to crouch low, grab the bottom of the shield, and stand up abruptly. This would flip the shield up and flip the cops on their backs at the same time, where they would struggle like a turtle on its back.

Crazy kids! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

An awesome method - thanks for sharing.

1 Like

along with the “separaton of CHURCH AND STATE” and “mari-ju-ana”, “traffic cones” were invented by KARL MARX in The Communist ManiFESTO, and were popularized by Barack HUSSEIN Obama as drug paraphernalia! Take THAT, Antifa!

3 Likes

Calm down there mister Sessions. Time to take your opioid pain relievers with a nice double whiskey. If you’re not feeling too sharp, we’ll give you a ritalin, and if that puts too much of an edge on you can have a quarter bar of xanax.

5 Likes

there’s a reason pigs are called pigs. Oink Oink!

1 Like

CSB
When I was a youngin’ in high school I worked at a grocery store that sold tear gas (FL) and I yoinked one. Hanging out with my buddies one time, and one of them pissed me off then started to run. I busted out the tear gas and tried to spray him as I ran after him.

Guess what happened due to physics. Didn’t try that again, although I now know what tear gas feels like.
/CSB

2 Likes