Watch this 1-minute time-lapse of a 4-year performing arts center construction project

Originally published at: Watch this 1-minute time-lapse of a 4-year performing arts center construction project | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Well there’s a minute of my life I’ll never get back.

5 Likes

Time lapses are always cool–esp. in places where the weather doesn’t seem to change much. It’s like it happened over a few months, not years. Also cool to see things for the arts being built during a time when our country seemed to be forgetting how important the humanities are.

2 Likes

Yeah, but it saved you a whole four years! :wink:

7 Likes

Buildings like this must look great in their initial renders, because damn they look terrible IRL. Especially when they start to weather. Blecch.

To put the $612 million dollar price tags into perspective this is probably 100 Bugati super cars that collectively hold 200 people or 2 super yachts that cater for around 40 people.

1 Like

Two minutes for me.
I watched it twice!

So, like, eight years, then?
I sure don’t feel any younger.
Maybe I should watch it again…

2 Likes

The fly space looks huge :open_mouth: Maybe they all look that big when being built, but it looks really tall in this video.

32 to 360 Bugattis, depending on model and features.

Or roughly 0.04 aircraft carriers in the Gerald Ford class.

Or almost 2 F35Cs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.