"We take your privacy and security seriously" is the "thoughts and prayers" of data-breaches

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/18/thoughts-n-prayers-infosec.html

6 Likes

Well put.

10 Likes

Second. And what the hell is next to that exploding pipe? Is that a high-voltage transformer?

3 Likes

“We take your privacy and security seriously

daniel_plainview_by_skehlaaj-d7jix2z-400

11 Likes

Corporate or otherwise, boilerplate bullshit is boilerplate bullshit.

5 Likes

That’s a picture of a session in a Navy damage control trainer. If they’re lucky, that wasn’t the submarine DC trainer in New London during the winter. So not fun.

What’s behind them looks like a motor controller, probably for the pumps in the trainer.

11 Likes

The correct usages of these two phrases in their respective contexts might be

• we take your thoughts and prayers seriously (meaningless as they are)
  • please send / thank you for sending your privacy and security
1 Like

I still like my version better.

“Your call is important to us. Please hold the line.”

12 Likes

“Your communication is receiving our attention.” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It must be handy to have a third arm when doing pipefitting.

2 Likes

electric handshakes :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s his own arm. If you look closely at the picture, there’s a little head down below.

1 Like

the greatest (and only) “gift” of the age-of-trump is that suddenly people are starting to realize

OMG PEOPLE ARE LYING ALL THE TIME AND INSISTING ON “TRUTHS” JUST TO MAKE US FURTHER ACCEPT THE LIE

I mean it’s everywhere, virtually every single advertisement you’ve ever seen is a lie or exaggeration but we’ve tolerated and accepted it for years, decades, we’ve been trained to believe lies

hint: when there is no penalty for lying, people lie, all the time, about everything

3 Likes

Privacy is the leftovers after the shareholders get their legally mandated hunk of our data.

Yes please.

This one?

This is why punctuation is important.

When you see that phrase, read:
“We take your privacy and security. Seriously.”

3 Likes
closed #19

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.