What does a car crash-proof human look like? Odd. Very odd

Just think of it as a head start on becoming a Guild Navigator and having a monopoly on essential transit services in the spice-fueled future.

5 Likes

The nipples-of-nurgle effect is…not quite stark enough to be Giegereque; but pretty close to it. That said, males without horrifying pustule-teats for nourishing their unholy brood can lactate in various edge cases because there’s a whole hell of a lot of reuse and subtle repurposing behind the human developmental trajectory: not a lot of room for fully sex-specific features.

Apparently not uncommon in newborns, since despite being neonatal and male their blood chemistry is rather close to that of a pregnant woman, for obvious reasons.

1 Like

“His uniform is black as activated charcoal, filtering the very light out of the air. A bullet will bounce off its arachnofiber weave like a wren hitting a patio door, an excess of perspiration wafts through it like a napalmed forest. Where his body has bony extremities, the suit has sintered armorgel; feels like gritty jello, protects like a stack of telephone books.”

6 Likes

Pretty sure that was not stopped to peruse this.
Cars are infinitely more safe now than compared to say when my parents started driving in the middle/late 50’s. Heck, even looking back well into the 70’s, really.

3 Likes

@crashproof
my condolences. hope it was worth it.

6 Likes

The hell I can’t.

11 Likes

7 Likes

Nothin’ like a little fat-shaming on good old liberal-minded and tolerant Boingboing…

(Not the post or experiment, obviously, but some of these comments. Jesus, people.)

It may be less fat shaming than the fact that they literally put airbags on his chest cavity.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I thought this was the sauna at the RNC convention.

3 Likes

I have never regretted a username more than I do now.

(It was a made-up-on-the-spot name for a hacker I was playing in an RPG at the time.)

19 Likes

Nope, it’s the extreme morphological changes to a still obviously human bodyplan that pushes our uncanny valley buttons, just like an almost human sexbot or a CGI character that’s almost real. That said, maybe some day there will be body-modded humans this different from our current anatomy. And in the unlikely event that I live long enough to see that day, I’ll be a little more sensitive to their feelings. But they don’t exist yet.

This isn’t a fat human (in fact his BMI looks fairly low by Western standards), this is an almost speciated transhuman. Were I a fat human, I’d probably be slightly insulted by the suggestion that I look anything like this.

Not sure if you were concern driving trollies or just a bit clueless. Either way, a belated welcome to BoingBoing and congrats on your fourth ever post!

18 Likes

Hey!!! He looks like a Sontar… oh right. 6 hours ago already?

4 Likes

Protecting his brain is a much larger skull intended to absorb forces
and fracture upon impact. His face, concave and fatty, is less likely to
be damaged. Instead of a silly wobbly neck, he doesn’t really have one
at all

2 Likes

Especially vikings:

At this sight great grief fell upon Thorgils. He determined to watch over the child during the night; but there was no food, for it had all been swept away. “How he is to live longer,” said Thorgils, “I can’t see; but it will be a grievous matter to me if I am not able to help him. I will first try the plan of cutting off my nipple.”* He did so, and straightway blood came forth, then a mixture of blood and milk, and lastly milk, with which he nourished the child.

8 Likes

Fitness not found, 40001.
Crashproof cyclists unmoved (includes cyclists who you won’t let crash.) Did you activate dnssec?

A little early to release a fake retrofit lede again, Tesla Co.

1 Like

Pretty sure I saw this guy selling a “Trump that bitch!” t-shirt.

3 Likes

So what’s a human evolved to survive plane crashes look like?

6 Likes

That’s a tentative like. I may withdraw it, if someone posts a picture.

1 Like