What is a "general strike," and is it time to have one?

Due to extremely recent news, no, this is not the time to have one. However, it is definitely the time to organize for when the Idiot in Chief decides to do another shut down. A creditable threat of a general strike just might give him pause.

5 Likes

Vote fer Joey

1 Like

Right to strike, use it or lose it.

3 Likes

I hope every single teacher in Oklahoma walks out… then they have to scramble to fill in those jobs.

1 Like

The shutdown was helpful in that sense: it showed ordinary people what a stupid, pointless, harmful tactic it is. If Trump starts talking about Shutdown #2 in three weeks, I hope the air traffic controllers just get ready to walk away.

2 Likes

Important to have the plans, but with everything predicated on “just in time” delivery these days, you’d probably close to halt the entire economy in days at most.

5 Likes

Yes. What I mean it’s it wouldn’t take weeks. You could prepare with a short trip to the grocery store

2 Likes

Sorry I misunderstood.
I think this was the biggest fear about the Occupy movement, it was a spontaneous coherent action which was only one or two steps away from becoming a general strike.
Still is…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.