What school of kung-fu did PaRappa the Rapper learn?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/26/what-school-of-kung-fu-did-par.html

2 Likes

Do you know why I stopped the car???

I forgot to close the door.

3 Likes

Crack, Crack, Crack the egg into the bowl gets constantly quoted in my house. It’s weird.

3 Likes

Pose? One of his moves is “pose?” My kung-fu must be weak, I never learned that basic move.

1 Like

U rappin’ bad.

2 Likes

T_T

(Post must be at least 9 characters today. Tomorrow who knows?)

2 Likes

Is it a complete sentence?

1 Like

2 Likes

I gotta believe!

5 Likes

So wait, what? PaRappa never did the rapping? It was everybody else?

I always wanted to play this game, but my friends were always strictly sports, racing, or head-to-head fighting games.

1 Like

It varied from level to level.

I remember one weekend when I beat “Parappa the Rapper 2” in one long gaming session because I’d rented the game right after buying my PlayStation and I didn’t have a memory card yet. I was so happy my roommate came in just in time to witness me beat the final solo freestyle level in the first run-through just so I could be sure I hadn’t imagined it.

1 Like

At the video game company where I used to work, when someone on the team was about to launch something that had a high probability of crashing, they’d call out, “I gotta BELIEVE!”

It was a custom for so long (I’m talking years – perhaps they’re still doing it), that I’d forgotten where it came from until I watched the video.

The weird thing is, I watched the video because, at dinner tonight, my 14 year-old son was talking about the first level rap because he and his friends have been getting into PaRappa.

3 Likes

Not sure about what school, but maybe he learned from the same sensei as the Wu-Tang Clan?

1 Like

awesome, influential game, way ahead of it’s time. Later levels were actually really hard.

1 Like

I never had such an easy victory!

1 Like

You forgot to close the door.

That chicken level was brutal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.