What the hell is a "dimension" anyway?

That was a lot of fun. I didn’t understand much past the undergrad level, but I did enjoy watching the subtle disdain Dr. Carroll and the other professor had for each others work.

Skepticism isn’t disdain.

Sadly, there was no mention of this important documentary…

4 Likes

What the hell is a dimension?

It’s a thing of sound.
It’s a thing of sight.
It’s a thing of mind.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s pretty cool that my mental ramblings sync up with someones research.

1 Like

4 Likes

As a little kid, the classic TZ intros always disturbed me more than most of the episodes I saw. (The exceptions: Episodes that riffed off of 'The Flying Dutchman" tale.)

1 Like

I fluv the theme song…

3 Likes

“Gall” and “disco” go together well! :wink:

1 Like

My favorite episode as a kid and explains a lot about how I turned out as an adult was the episode where a guy opens a door in his house that he wasn’t supposed to open at that moment in time. He discovers that every moment of reality is constructed by some sort of worker elves. But they skip constructing places that won’t be viewed in the next moment.

3 Likes

If I understand quantum physics, that’s how it really works.

(I don’t understand quantum physics.)

2 Likes

“There is only the 2D surface to the 3D room we are in; everything behind that barely-single-molecule-thick membrane is just empty Universe, but it is OK because Time is infinitely flexible and folds in on itself, keeping the walls on.”

Genuine Hippie comment from 1992.

1 Like

I guess the magic elves shown building physical reality, with saws and hammers, moment by moment, outside of time, could represent the collapse of the wave function.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.