What yesterday's hilariously awful testimony by Wells Fargo's CEO portends for his future

Wow, yeah, I see that it goes all the way back to 07/08. Funny how certain things slip by for years without crossing one’s path.

So if we pulled off Stumpf’s mask, what would we see?

How’s that joke go? “I’ll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.”

8 Likes

The janitor/groundskeeper/old owner of the abandoned amusement park?

1 Like

SuperMax is a revenge fantasy pipe-dream in the realm of punishments for economic crime. They’ll go to Club Fed, if they go anywhere.

3 Likes

You wrote club fed, but for some reason I read Club Tropicana. The song from Wham immediately jumped into my head.

1 Like

Ab-so-fucking-lutely.

I’d be very surprised if he spends any time locked up at all.

1 Like

Maybe the shareholders should be punished? They were effectively complicit, and certainly reaped rewards from the fraudulent activity.

(As well as the managers, of course. Not instead of.)

2 Likes

Dont disagree. But they were punished. In fact in every act of management wrong doing in banks the only party to have been punished so far have been shareholders.

In this latest case from Wells, shareholders have been fined 185mn. So far there have been no management sanctions.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.