Whatcha' Readin', Chapter Two

So the original is locked, and I couldn’t locate a similar thread, PLUS, I’ve finally reached the end of my stack (virtual or otherwise) of books… I need new books to read, and I’ve always had good success with those recommending on BB and here on the BBS, so I figured I’d start up a new thread…

If this is a duplicate, and I’ve somehow missed it, please forgive me and let me know…

Thanks!

2 Likes

I am reading The Three-Body Problem, and liking it quite a bit. Before that I read a couple of Richard Stark’s crime novels, which are always brilliant. Before those I read Jonathan Lethem’s Motherless Brooklyn, which I loved. And before that, I don’t remember!

2 Likes

… what I just finished was Fortress at the End of Time, which I thought was a great premise, found engaging and enjoyable, except for the ending, which left me a little wanting. I did enjoy this sort of sci-fi, which was a little lighter on the sci and politics than, say, Too Like Lightning…

… also missing having a new Pratchett book to read :-/

2 Likes

Snail & Worm, and Snail & Worm Again. Over, and over and over. As hard as I tried, she just couldn’t get into Bill Pete…

2 Likes

Still reworking my way through A Song of Ice and Fire. Most of the way through my favorite of the series (so far) A Storm of Swords… That book had all the best plot points and the best on the road parts!

1 Like

Killers of the Flower Moon. I had no idea all this crap happened.

Another national disgrace vividly unveiled.

2 Likes

Kushiel’s dart.

So much sex! This is a feature, not a bug.

Simultaneously over the past few months:

• A pile of military history & theory books that stacked up each almost to my knee
  • M.D. Cooper’s Aeon 14 books when I take fiction breaks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.