Whatcha Reading? (Picking it up again)

I read this pretty recently, too…

Which had some great feminist sci-fi stories in it.

5 Likes

Another interesting sounding one.

3 Likes

Seconded!

3 Likes

I knew there was a reason I loved Sally Rooney!

I still haven’t read her first book, but should pick it up soon. I loved Normal People.

2 Likes

I finished Detransition, Baby and I loved the book. I laughed and was brought to tears throughout. This is a novel about white trans millennials and referenced thoughts and feelings I know intimately. A few passages even felt like they were lifted straight from my life. Now I just need to decide, return it to the library or read it again. I have it for three weeks and read it in three days.

6 Likes

Maybe read it 2 more times… isn’t 3 an auspicious number?

Also: Isn’t it nice to read a book that connects with your own experiences in the world? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

It is and I could easily read the book 2 more times. Reading a book that connects with your own experiences is very nice and while I’ve connected to things in books before, I have never connected to a book this much.

5 Likes

I’m quite surprised my local library has a copy of that so when it’s available i’ll certainly be checking it out.

3 Likes

Yeah I was surprised mine did.

3 Likes

And a recent interview with NK Jeminsin about her Broken Earth Trilogy…

3 Likes

I really enjoyed Jordan Ifueko’s worldbuilding in this novel, and plan to start the sequel later this week. I found both via Overdrive:

3 Likes

I blew through this in just over a weekend and loved the heck out of it but why character no haz checklists, hmmm? :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

Having just watched Slow Horses, I’m currently rereading all the books. I might then read all his Zoe Boehm books again.

2 Likes

Redemptor, the sequel to Raybearer was just as good. It was a great ending to the series.

2 Likes

Apparently John Waters first novel came out in May.

1 Like

9 Likes

I remember being traumatized by Nobody Walks. “Cool,” I said “JK Coe is in this novel”.

The Shining is quite possibly the first novel for adults I read. (Other contenders, Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Swarm.)

2 Likes

I don’t think Carrie is the first novel for adults that I ever read, but it’s among the first, and the first I read by King.

I haven’t read much by him since. I guess I left him behind along with horror movies. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes
7 Likes