What's on Your Tabletop? (Board, dice, card, and role playing games)

OH! thanks!

1 Like

I haven’t had the opportunity to read any Modiphius games yet. Hopefully it’s more than just world details and they have interesting and suitable new game mechanics created for each game.

2 Likes

Yeah, Discworld begs for novel play-styles and mechanics. I’m not really familiar with any of their games. They work with a lot of different properties, though, and it seem like they have favorable reviews. Their Dishonored game sounds pretty interesting. Their Agatha Christie card game sounds kind of cool, too.

2 Likes

The Barracks Emperors is a game I played one game of about a month ago and have yet to stop thinking about. It’s conceptually elegant, but the designers added more mechanics than the basic one to make it more interesting. Imagine a trick-taking game that’s played on a grid, with hands only completed when every card is placed around what they’re trying to take. (We’re collecting emperors here…) But most card placements will wind up touching more than one “hand” on the board, and the only tricks that count for you are the ones considered in alignment with your direction of the board.

If I could change anything about the game, it would be the theme. There’s no reason this needs to be and the Roman Empire. Text on the cards aim to educate about the myriad of fallen emperors the Roman Crisis, but…that doesn’t add anything to the game at all. It could just as easily be sci-fi or just colorful cards.

Is anyone here going to UK Games Expo? I’ll be working at the Catalyst Game labs booth, doing demos of BattleTech and Leviathans

3 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evanandjenna/atlanta-traffic-the-card-game

I might need to get this…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.