When can FBI use National Security letters to go after reporters? Sorry, that's classified

The lie is not “My country, Right or Wrong” but “USA - freest country on this planet” Why bother if the government does something fishy? This is the Land of the Free - what can go wrong?

Americanos. Blue jeans and chinos.

In the land of the free, you can be who you wanna be.

I respect you for your candor as to what a disappointment Obama is.

Now, this is two, two of you that thought Obama was the Liberal Savior only to be disappointed.

Can you explain where this administration went south for you?

See how it works? At first the solution was Obama. Now that things are not working out for Obama, then it must be the fault of 'the owners" which is clever dog-whistle code for rich, white people.

You get suckered by trivialities like race relations( remember Ferguson? ) and then comes the Savior that drags you further down the trail so you can never realize what the real problem is.

That’s not “clever dog-whistle code for rich, white people”. It MEANS rich white people.

/

1 Like

At least you are honest.

Now, if I can get you to join us against bullshit like that.

At risk of sounding like an armchair psychoanalyst, I think Obama’s feelings about his personal security (I don’t think anybody would dispute that he wins Most Likely To Be Assassinated; and I imagine in 20 years the number of actual foiled attempts will be declassified and numerous) and the way he sees the people around him keeping him safe (find the plots through surveillance, surround yourself with highly-trained people with guns)have influenced his perceptions of the risk of violent death for Americans and his approach to national security matters in general. The warmongers in government have also no doubt exploited this personal weakness to their own ends.

The other thing people forget is that he mostly campaigned as a centrist. Much of the left’s hopes in Obama have been projections.

He did say he would close Gitmo, though; and I’m thoroughly shocked and disappointed that someone with a background in activism would be so awful about free speech.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.