When Christmas was despised and banned for 22 years in Massachusetts

you beat me to it… though I probably put a bit more in than a tot…

1 Like

I may risk invoking the broken window fallacy, but if old geezers are getting fired for embarrassing office antics that makes more room for the new generation that desperately need jobs to pay their massive student loans. :wink:

2 Likes

Until now, I’d never thought of January as a good time for job hunting, but you’ve made a good point:

3 Likes

Christmas seems like it was pretty fun before Washington Irving ruined it. New York City’s first professional police force was founded to fight working class rioters demanding booze and fuel.

2 Likes

More like the liability lawyers are back.

Any jackass who brays about “religious freedom” in things like not providing contraception in the company health insurance should be forced to read the history of the New England colonies before the Revolution. Those people who came here supposedly because they were being oppressed over their religious beliefs set up tyrannous governments that were just as dictatorial as anything Caligula or Stalin ever did. They did things like made it illegal (jail time and dunking and other punishments) to wear certain colors of clothing. People were fined, sometimes to the point of financial ruin, for not attending church. Their definition of “religious freedom” was actually “freedom to shove our beliefs down other peoples’ throats whether they like it or not.” And it still is that way. Anyone who says he wants “religious freedom” today really means he wants to be immune from any kind of reaction when he forces other people to live according to his religious beliefs. Anyone who mouths the phrase “religious freedom” today is a liar and a hypocrite of the worst kind.

4 Likes

Thank you for a genuine guffaw.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.