Whistleblower org says it will go to jail rather than turning over its keys

So, there’s a person’s name I don’t see here yet. At one time the biggest hero on this site, as I recall.

Somebody who was talking about “hope” and “change”?

He got the Nobel War Prize, didn’t he? Just like Kissinger, Haber and Arafat?

Who was that guy, anyway?

5 Likes

You must be talking about whatshisname – the guy who talked about protecting whistleblowers…

Edit to say: I guess he doesn’t like people moving in on his protection racket.

3 Likes

That’s the guy, wossname! The one who said this:

Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled as they have been during the Bush administration. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance.
4 Likes

This gives a dark new context to “We have met the enemy and he is us.”

[By the way, Fantagraphics, where’s volume 3?]

2 Likes

Dammit I hate when Republicans are right about something. Thank goodness it’s rare.

2 Likes

I wonder what everyone here would say or feel if 400 citizens with guns showed up to protect those honest citizens trying to bring truth to this world

I would say that the guns wouldn’t have anything to do with protecting them. The guns would just be a counter-productive distraction from the real issues at play. Cameras documenting a large protest minus the weapons is what makes sense.

I hate to break it to you, but the world’s largest military-industrial complex doesn’t fear your little pea-shooters. If anything, they love it when groups get together with them so it’s yet another excuse to tax us for larger budgets and even further militarization of our police forces.

2 Likes

#stillbetterthanromney

2 Likes

The security complex enjoys fear; it imbibes fear; anything that can lather on the fear just gets their juices going.

Fear bypasses the long-rang fore though; the need to act now bypasses so much critical thinking, postulating, and the rest.

I agree, there’s few things that’ll shut down critical thinking quicker than flashing violent or deadily force, no matter what side you think you’re on.

On the converse, having a ‘violent’ option at your disposal has been used as medium to pass non-violent protests; i’m not a historian, but Ghandi’s non violent protest was in parallel with a more violent reaction.

2 Likes

Who said it was a political issue; right left or?

Seems to me it’s a right for a human being to be safe from any unjustified tyrant. In this case it’s just the federal government, others it might be a bully or the mob.

Would you let some one who spoke up about a crime that has happened more than once, get sent to jail? Or would you defend them?

What methods would you use?

Just asking…

Maybe we could consider other opinions, since this is just your opinion.

Who here has served in the military?

Who here thinks a basic defensive weapon in the hands of a war veteran is just a little pea shooter?

Who really thinks that if there were war vets who formed a militia and did nothing but stand and protect there would be any shots fired?

I think it would bring this issue into the open so quick 10000x would be marching supporting human beings right to stand tall and tell the truth.

War pigs.

Who here enjoys rhetorical questions?

6 Likes

I do. Some times in order to alter ones sense of self and identity in regards to emotion you have to force the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex to engage with parts of the basal ganglia through unfettered thalamocortical pathways.

(Often; being rhetorical forces ones identity to question without emotions.)

Often times, Rhetorical questions are a manner in which we self-fullfill our identity, so that if it’s ever questioned what we believe, we can just say “It’s only a question”

Don’tcha know?

2 Likes

#functionallyindistinguishablefromromney but at least #farbetterthanpalin

I agree very much. I just find confusing that the GOP also agrees.

Fortunately, it doesn’t matter what methods I would use, because there is no way in hell they’re going to enthrone me. Good thing, too. I would probably be the worst sort of dictator, running the nation like my own SimCity.

Who here thinks a basic defensive weapon in the hands of a war veteran is just a little pea shooter?

I’m still waiting for you to explain how a group of people with guns at a protest is going to frighten or intimidate the world’s largest military-industrial complex the world has ever seen?

I’d also like you to address my points that it would simply serve to further enrich the richest war pigs down the road and little else.

Let’s start here.

Next?

Well, if that’s a legitimate reply to Cow’s questions, I can’t see it. Seems like a somewhat snide non-sequitur, frankly.

The US government at the time of the Whiskey Rebellion is almost completely unlike today’s federal regime. For starters, there was no standing army, and no global mass media either.

I expected you to bring up the Bonus Army, or perhaps the Coal Wars. Two excellent examples of how the government reacts to armed protests by veterans, examples that actually make sense in the context of current federal governance. But if you live outside coal country you probably don’t know about the coal miner rebellion, and how Harding sent Billy Mitchell with a wing of bombers to put down the armed citizenry’s response to the crimes of murderous mining corporations.

1 Like

They agree in name only. This isn’t a recent problem; iIf anything, funding and other support for the VA has been cut most drastically over the years when there’s been a Republican-majority Congress. This is the fox standing on a soap box announcing to the crowd that it’s simply terrible that the farmer’s chickens are all missing.

2 Likes

I do agree, snide was one intention; The other, more devious, to create a sense of awakening to what we have become.

I have been through too much pain in my life, too much death in front of me, and observed, we the people, give up because they are scared.

My dear people, ask yourself: Who funded and trained ISIL?

You did, the Tax payer.

The least you could do, is consider the option of fighting for those that have been abused by our Federal Givernment.

Fkng Sick War Pigs