Why AG Barr's use of Pensacola shooter case to rebuke Apple is so suspicious

Oh, how I miss Jeff Sessions. (Seriously!)

burner phone(s) , pgp , one time pad , obscure language , assume that you will be infiltrated , small cells , a secret shared is no longer a secret , minimize communications ; 77542 , 12847 , 88892 , 47985 , 33124 ; your mother’s tennis shoes are stained from jelly not jam , repeating , your mother’s tennis shoes are stained from jelly not jam

1 Like
2 Likes

Totally true, but not broad enough.

If you think any previous FBI directors or AGs were any more trustworthy, or less totalitarian, than Barr, you have been the victim of a carefully crafted propaganda campaign.

1 Like

Yes. You get what I mean. Even if I restricted myself to the current AG.
Who really ought to be impeached, and tried on criminal charges, but fucking Republicans are scum as well, and this is devolving into a separate rant. Aieee!

2 Likes

The jackbooted goose stepping Nazi Republicans can take my encryption away from my dead fingers.
But let them compel companies to provide back doors; private companies will provide for pay services closing the state-accessible back doors.
Than again, we need secure encryption to protect us from Barr and his lawless, repressive cohort.
BTW: If those people wanted security, they’d do something about EZ-to-hack voting machines. Then again, the GOP platform, as it were, supports a reduced freedom of and right to vote.

4 Likes

First of all, tapping a land line is way less invasive than slurping all the data off of a cell phone.
Second, there have always been limits to when lines could be tapped, and other restrictions that have been accepted by the public.
Third, when had breaking into a cell phone immediately ever solved a crime? As far as I know it never has

4 Likes

Voting third party can work at local levels, such as small town mayor, state legislature, or town administrators. For a third party to become a viable alternative, they need to be voted in from the bottom up. But your point is valid for national level positions, at least currently.

2 Likes

Totally agree on all points! I would love to see a true multiparty system evolve in the US, and a bottom-up approach seems both more tactical and more lasting. Tactical being the word — “The left” needs to really step up their game on this front, as a body politic.

Even his breathing is suspicious; I mean, what’s he doing under my bed in the first place?

1 Like

Nah, Sessions was going to be fired anyway. He wasn’t going to risk what was left of his reputation covering up for Cheeto.

Yeah - that’s why I talked about court orders, not “unfettered access”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.