Why is KFC a Christmas tradition in Japan?

Where are you getting $46 USD? The Yen can be roughly translated to the USD dollar by shifting the decimal two to the left, the price shown in the article image would be $38 bucks at most. While the site you link is giving me a coverted price of $33.

Checking http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/kfc-prices/ the Japanese looks only slightly more expensive to what you’d pay here in the states.

Went to Kappabashi (‘Kitchen Town’) in Tokyo in the summer. Amazing place, shops with everything you’d ever need to start your own Japanese or Chinese restaurant. And the places selling ‘display foods’ had some wonderful promotional pieces:

9 Likes

Now THAT is what I call a decent breakfast. Either of them. It’s a pity they’re props. :slight_frown:

6 Likes

This is hands-down the best tasting fried chicken I’ve ever made. Some of their other recipes are best looked on as historical curiosities, but this one is the bomb:

1 Like

Don’t pressure fry, it was literally only done to get the fry time for bone-in chicken down. It doesn’t do anything to make better tasting fried chicken. Fried chicken is more about the salty buttermilk marinate and proper flour coating, typically you don’t even deep fry it you just use a nice big oil bath on a frying pan (though IMO deep frying tastes better).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.