Woman receives her ID card with photo of an empty chair

But he did already. Now we finally know who he was talking to.

1 Like

Lol, invisibility cloak works well)

You can (still) get a driving license without being a citizen…

I think customer is a reasonable term. At least it’s better than the dreaded ‘service user’. Applicant would probably be better in this case but not every interaction would necessarily be an application so…

Licence holder would also do but it’s a bit unwieldy.

Hell, the spokesperson could just pretend to be a real person and say, “Ms. Dodd” (if that’s her preferred title) since she’s apparently ok with being on the news.

1 Like

Yes, Identity documents are here.

Many people here in solid red TN are too paranoid to get a Real ID, (I know, hard to believe, right?) So the state offers a state version of the driver’s license which requires a passport or other identification in order to board planes. Pretty stupid in my opinion but many people who live in rural TN have never seen an airplane up close and have never visited the next town over.

6 Likes

Could be that some persons are restricted on moving?

Here we have ID cards, and if one is on parole or is a complex divorce, or some other quirky situation with kids get the passport retired and on id card is put a stamp “not valid for expatriation”

1 Like

Came here for this joke. Still leaving racist and cranky, yelling at chair.

4 Likes

4 Likes

The thing that blows my mind about stuff like this is thinking how many workers were so disengaged or disempowered or both for this to get all the way to the recipient.
That said, if I got an ID like this, I would totally keep it!

3 Likes

Apparently she’s friends with Clint Eastwood:

5 Likes

Resident, then. Customer is just wrong. A drivers license or state ID is not a product you buy at the grocery store like a pineapple or a loaf of bread.

7 Likes

Can the chair vote?
vote blue, little chair!

6 Likes

chairs are blue, yes. bad news though is books are red.

oto, facts in those books are definitely blue. and especially because of all the fake news. fake news always makes facts blue. so sad.

3 Likes

Chair2

2 Likes

I just got a new ID in Wisconsin with an added star symbol and can be used as a passport to Canada and Mexico like it used to be. People were required to produce a birth certificate as opposed to using the previous ID to get it. Otherwise it only worked as a state ID. Maybe something like that.

A drivers license or state ID is not a product you buy at the grocery store like a pineapple or a loaf of bread.

You pay them and they give you a license, so it’s exactly like buying a pineapple or loaf of bread.

1 Like

Pro tip: if you buy your ID from unofficial sources you get to chose the name it’s in.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.