Woman sees 100 times more colors than you

4 Likes

The trouble is that the web safe palette is shockingly sparse in shades of brown, orange, and yellow. You know, the colors that comprise most skin tones, and most foods.

1 Like

True that. I am poor in those too, though I am worse with the blue-green range.

Idea. A colorimetric clip-on for a smartphone. A LED light, a lens, a grating, and a slit. Project the spectrum to the phoneā€™s camera (quite similar to how amateur astronomers photograph stellar spectra), normalize to the LEDā€™s own spectrum (or, if it is not used, to ambient light) using a calibrator strip of Absolute White.

In the user interface, allow comparisons with stored spectra of standards (e.g. Pantone color chips) and custom things (e.g. the living room carpet).

The optics could be possibly adapted from an existing clip-on macro lensā€¦?

Given the not-so-low number of people with poor color recognition, this could even count as an assistive device for a partially disabled minority, whose rights are often neglected.

ha ha men donā€™t know what colors are ha ha men are so ignorant of how the world works teehee itā€™s 1952.

2 Likes

The wiki page on the test suggests screen calibration is important to an accurate result, but that if the screen is calibrated the test is reliable.

I definitely found it much easier the second time around!

1 Like

I like it. I knew the parrots were up to something. How about you take the reindeer, I round up the parrots, and we get to work?

Itā€™s not important enough for me to bother. If it sticks to my craw, Iā€™ll calibrate and try again. My predicted outcome is a score of 0 or 1, which isnā€™t exactly an exponential improvement over 4.

1 Like

A lot more vegetation than I expected.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.