Women banned from Dollar General after trying to use $1m bank note to pay for gift cards

And my question is - I wonder how much (real) money she’s given that church?

2 Likes

7 Likes

What!!! the church would lie to ya about stuff now would they!

1 Like

I’m vaguely curious what the legal situation is here. If you have a fake 20, it’s a crime to spend it, and a separate crime to make it, and possibly(?) a separate crime just to possess it.

But if it’s not a copy of any real banknote that ever existed, is there any crime at all, and what are the boundaries? Can you technically go to jail just for writing “$20” in crayon on a piece of paper? And if not, how close can you get to a real $20 bill?

6 Likes

Supposedly the million dollar bills aren’t considered counterfeits because they don’t “assert that they are legal tender.” So the bill itself isn’t illegal, but trying to pass it off as real currency is, I guess? So presumably any “fake currency,” no matter how obviously not-actually-currency would become illegal in - and purely due to - the act of trying to pass it off?

10 Likes
12 Likes

played with this concept, and was frequently arrested for it

7 Likes

What is one million divided by twenty, times 9 minutes? My calculator doesn’t go that high.
(Echo your angry gif!)

3 Likes

I have one of these in my wallet. Been there for years. I have one of these, a Santa Dollar, one of the one hundred trillion bills from Zimbabwe, and an old paper $5 peso bill from a trip in the early 80s. All of these are completely worthless but I keep them in my wallet because my wife insists I keep bills in there.

You see, I only use credit cards.

Marriage is all about compromise. She’s never checked what the bills say. evil cackle

4 Likes

New Girl Reaction GIF

7 Likes

The Righteous Gemstones

5 Likes

Is she banned from just this Dollar Store, or all Dollar Stores?

1 Like

" And stay out of the Dollar Store!"

2 Likes

She should have gone to a One Million Dollar Store, where the plutocrats buy trinkets.

12 Likes

At least if she used a NFT…

… were reported to police after one offered a fake $1 million bill to pay for items…

There. That was their problem. They should have offered a real $1 million bill.

5 Likes

4 Likes

one offered a fake $1 million bill…

It’s not fake at all. It’s a real $1 million bill. The fact that it’s not legal tender is another matter entirely.

6 Likes
7 Likes

I own a 100 million mark note from Germany. Minted in December 1920.
If Dollar General had operated in Germany at that time they would have accepted it, and given the customer a loaf of bread or something for it.

2 Likes