Women banned from Dollar General after trying to use $1m bank note to pay for gift cards

Originally published at: Women banned from Dollar General after trying to use $1m bank note to pay for gift cards | Boing Boing

8 Likes

The mustache on the Statue of Liberty should have tipped her off.

14 Likes

Hold my beer, I’m going to make a Non-Fungible Token of it!

37 Likes

Did the police kneel on their necks for trying to pass a counterfeit bill?

Angry Hate GIF

42 Likes

She’s thinking too small. There’s no way Dollar General can make change for that.

“I would like to buy everything. And can you gift wrap it, please?”

20 Likes

Mine says a zillion dollars, going to buy a 40oz down at the Gas&Sip.

14 Likes

And sell it for exactly $1million.

13 Likes

Aim lower. Much lower. Maybe a 10 or 20.

6 Likes

7 Likes

In today’s headlines:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/investing/inflation-economy-bond-yields/index.html

7 Likes

The Bank of England, meanwhile…

10 Likes

This is why there are Qanon believers: lack of common sense.

8 Likes

[she told] the cop that she received the $1 million bill “in the mail from a church,” but was unable to provide additional information about the purported house of worship’s largesse

Which is not that surprising at all with certain people

3 Likes

Only one million?

11 Likes

Only two-hundred million?

(Btw, billion in German is trillion in English)

11 Likes

The church that gave her that bill must be in the wealthy part of town.

7 Likes

This is under the tag “dollar-stores” which only has 2 stories, both referring to Dollar General.
Dollar General is not a dollar store.

3 Likes

If it’s the same type of bill as in the picture accompanying the article, the fact that the bill itself states “This note is non-negotiable. It’s[sic] sole purpose is to promote special events and good times” should have as well. Even if it were a different type of funny money it should have had a similar disclaimer on it (put there so the manufacturers don’t get arrested for counterfeiting.)

5 Likes

Leaving aside whether they actually believed it was real, how did they think that was going to work? Did they really think that they’d get $999K in change? From a Dollar Store?

Pffft. (Gotta show those zeros.)

21 Likes

drevil

13 Likes