XBox controller cast in lead and copper to protest use of game gear in war

I agree with that. But I don’t think this piece has to mean that the blame resides elsewhere, either.

I know intention matters, but I struggle with toy cars as much as toy guns. In most rich countries, cars kill more people by accident than guns kill on purpose. My difficulty could be because I’ve been to several car-related funerals, but no gun-related.

Not the same without 2…20…800 feet per second PONG or handball softened at the edges by robotic control; make a kinetic installation, get an excuse for not making functional controllers? (Gotta fake the 800fps because rules and locality? Cast a light gun.) Also cast Zr Duck Hunt dog.

Maybe a cast cardboard bothsidesy take (no, animal people plan ahead v. battening that down heck no) on the supposed American with 800 rescue dogs to remove from Afghanistan.(Yahoo News, how much am I paid to read you?)

From the exhibition’s blurb:

Whether that idea gets across in the execution is as always in the eye of the beholder.

1 Like

Art, design and architecture seem to really grind commenters gears around here… it’s as if aesthetics and artistic meaning are one of the few topics that folk can raise their head above the parapet and enter into a bit of intellectual biffo without to much grief.

I didn’t know about the use of controllers by the military so I guess ‘art’ has at least drawn it to my attention.

Perhaps this is the type of needy later modern pieces of art (post), that is more about the discussion than the object… seems to work for this comment section :grinning:

1 Like

To be fair the Sega rechargable battery pack that was an option could easily be used as a make shift mace.

*I still have my entire deluxe kit hanging out in the basement.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.