Yet another chatbot, trained on online utterances, starts spewing hate

Every time someone leaves a loaded gun in the playground, someone gets shot. We were hoping that no one would use the gun we left in the playground to shoot someone, but, despite the tragic and predictable outcome, rest assured that we did not shoot anybody.

4 Likes

I may be wrong, but I assume that they nicked the name “Lee Luda” from this real Lee Luda.

2 Likes

Seems like AI could be taught how to recognize the utterances of jackasses, but parenting is hard.

2 Likes

caenhibdoratus? Canaga odorata but with pango pango pango in it? Canister? But not chatbot.

5 Likes

amazed adventure time GIF

6 Likes

6 Likes

i understand the ylang ylang but whence come the carbohydrates?

2 Likes

If something’s Latin Name is called C. something, caenorhabditis (oops, I didn’t write that at first,) elegans comes to mind…or of course it could be good ol’ Charles 3P0. Charlotte 3PO?

6 Likes

ohhh!

i was thinking your original was a misspelling of the latin (or something) for carbohydrates. Thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

Lee Luda is actually plainly written as “Iruda” 이루다 a play on words, on a phrase that means “to accomplish” or “get it done.” Ruda (or Luda) 루다 is not a common name at all, and would sound like a foreign name, but 이루다 would have immediately been understood as its double-entendre.

There are already several entries in the disambiguation for the name in this Namu Wiki article (A Korean Wikipedia with slightly more freewheeling editing standards)

이루다 - 나무위키 (namu.wiki)
Three unrelated fictional characters and one pharmaceutical company.

As for the person Luda, that appears to be her real name, and her parents must have been into puns along the line of Aileen Dover. Her name doesn’t have Hanja (Chinese) characters which show how unusual this choice is for a given name. Her family apparently owns a dog named “Fart” in Korean. I had not heard of this group Cosmic Girls, but I’m not very aware of K-Pop groups. It could be that the AI was named after the artist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.