You can call me AI

9 Likes

But it’s really so owners of capital can get it to do the art and writing so that the artists and writers will do their laundry and dishes for a pittance….

4 Likes

Maybe, but I suspect the/our owners are much more interested in wallowing in pools of cash and the power and luxurious pleasures that come with it.

7 Likes

[New York City to test AI-enabled gun scanners in subway system | Artificial intelligence (AI) | The Guardian]

6 Likes

“ The scanner that Adams and police officials introduced during Thursday’s news conference in a lower Manhattan station came from Evolv, a publicly traded company that has been accused of doctoring the results of software testing to make its scanners appear more effective than they are. The company is under investigation by both the US’s trade regulator and its chief financial regulator.”

Taking a guess as NYC approves a few thousand concealed carry permits a year there’s maybe 20,000 permit holders. Almost all of whom use the subway. It’ll be interesting.

8 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes

Imagine hiring a thousand workers to run a single, small supermarket just to keep face

3 Likes

Sounds like any emperor at the peak of their wealth before they’ve realised they have run out of road.

Also sounds like those “driverless” taxis run remotely over the phone.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Okay… will people believe me NOW that AI is as fucking problem…

9 Likes

I guess we blew past that danger line.

5 Likes

Angry The Office GIF

5 Likes

:thinking: Is the Train commission part of the joke/machine backlash to anti-AI stories? Asking for a friend… :robot:

4 Likes

The guy says that Ai will allow us to chillax:

“Anything around, you know, I would say leisure, travel, experiences, all that type of that stuff, if people have more time,” Cohen said of the investment implications from a four-day workweek.

Cohen said that belief was partly why he made a big investment in golf.

Eye Roll GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 Likes

When they need fewer workers they’ll lower wages.

6 Likes

It was a subtle revelation to me, living in Europe, that one of the benefits of 4 to 6 weeks of vacation is that you spend that money more locally, traveling to one of the (other) pretty parts of the :eu: with your €€€’s and spend them at least semi-locally, generating jobs and stability in the sector.

Bit of a “well duh” on my part, I know. If even a quarter of jobs are meaningless anyhow, even before the AI boom, then a re-adjustment in the direction of locally-oriented tourism would, surely, be a good thing.

Not after :beers: at their friendly local union hall they won’t.

4 Likes
9 Likes