nobody is making any money

Except shortsellers of overhyped stonks? :thinking:

5 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

These include “strange anatomy, errors a human is unlikely to make”

<obligatory rob liefeld joke>

3 Likes

That might work he hides the bits he can’t draw quite often. Liefeld bot!

2 Likes

Jeez but Gizmodo is impossible to read with all those ads.

Actual content highlighted

4 Likes

Except GPU sellers (NVIDIA) . It’s just like dot com bubble where Cisco made out like bandits or the Klondike gold rush where the only people making real money were selling supplies to miners.

Which is why media should do more than ignore, but actively reject and ridicule, the guy from NVIDIA when he turns up on a hype tour.

3 Likes

That’s why I use Brave. I clicked through and didn’t see any of those ads.

3 Likes

I am using Brave! Weird

Okay for some reason protection was disabled for Gizmodo. Fixed now

2 Likes

@milliefink
@NukeML

giphy

4 Likes

He looks quite brave! :slight_smile:

4 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Can’t think of a better place to test self driving semis.

NIMBY

2 Likes
4 Likes

The new AI system, called AsymMirai, simplifies previous models by solely comparing differences between right and left breasts to predict risk. It could potentially save lives, prevent unnecessary testing, and save the healthcare system money, its creators say.

“With traditional AI, you ask it a question and it spits out an answer, but no one really knows how it makes its decisions. It’s a black box,” said Jon Donnelly, a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, and first author on a new paper in Radiology describing the model.

“With our approach, people know how the algorithm comes up with its output so they can fact-check it and trust it,” he said.

5 Likes

Further study required.

3 Likes

I remember reading a short story with this premise in the old Isaac Asimov Magazine. A famous rock star has been “resurrected” and begs to die again. It sounds like the basic premise of the episode “Black Museum” from the British series Black Mirror. Of course, in real life our technology doesn’t come close to the sophistication of the most unhinged science fiction.

6 Likes

from

8 Likes

[X’s AI chatbot Grok made up a fake trending headline about Iran attacking Israel | Mashable]

9 Likes