You can call me AI

https://www.rogerebert.com/mzs/the-estate-of-george-carlin-destroys-ai-george-carlin-in-victory-for-copyright-protection-and-basic-decency

The Estate of George Carlin Destroys AI George Carlin in Victory for Copyright Protection (and Basic Decency)

Fuck yeah!

11 Likes

This is basically how WW III will start; only it’s not Skynet preempting being switched off but some stupid algorithm trained mostly on daytime TV and bad fan fiction.

7 Likes

Video about AI dribble farms and the dribble farms that teach others how to make AI dribble farms

2 Likes

Maybe?

Or maybe AI will be smarter than us in this. The outcome is pretty apparent.

4 Likes

Spicy autocomplete usually ends up with the most likely outcome so, are there more War Games style near misses or more apocalyptic dystopias? Because that’s what it chooses…

2 Likes

[Fury as AI Video Wins Competition Held by Pink Floyd | PetaPixel]

3 Likes

… which still exists as I understand it

4 Likes
9 Likes

Groovy! Parts of it I really liked. If only Stable Diffusion had a 3D noise controller component. I think that it would have really helped or maybe it would just feel like the old Apple Music visualization app. :man_shrugging:

A lot work went into that piece. Hitting enter over and over until he got what he wanted must have been draining! /s/h

4 Likes

Hmm. I’d rather keep my eye on another ball. As that article about it says,

People complain that AI models were built on the hard work of artists who did not consent to their work being trained. The legality of these practices remains unclear with multiple lawsuits against major AI firms still active.

3 Likes

6 Likes

https://arxiv.org/html/2404.01261v1

Evaluating faithfulness and content selection in book-length summarization

20240410_082617

3 Likes

Speaking of idiots who think AI is “intelligent”:

8 Likes

Smarter than him, anyway.

9 Likes

Just shutting the fuck up forever would ensure you sounded smarter than him.

7 Likes

It’s been just under a year and a half since ChatGPT - an AI-powered chatbot launched by so-called non-profit OpenAI - ushered in a new era of investor and media hype around how artificial intelligence would change the world. But what if this we’re actually at the peak of what generative AI can do? In this episode, Ed Zitron walks you through the four intractable problems that are stopping Large Language Models like ChatGPT in their tracks - and why they’re all-but-impossible to overcome.

3 Likes

Indeed but this fellow claims that used his own imagery.

Gaume explains in a video posted to Pink Floyd’s official Twitter page. “As a 3D artist myself, I tried to go a completely different way and try something new so I used Stable Diffusion installed locally, so I didn’t use it online.”

2 Likes

I don’t know exactly how such programs work, but what I quoted says,

People complain that AI models were built on the hard work of artists who did not consent

I think that means that using such models with one’s own images means one has not escaped the moral, ethical, legal, etc. quandary, since the model he used was nonetheless trained with, that is, “built on,” the hard work of artists who did not consent.

1 Like

That’s already happened

1 Like

:thinking:
How can we convince Musk that AI recommended the lip balm mixed with super glue soon to be delivered to his office as a gift*? Asking for a friend. :smiling_imp:

*a gift to humanity…

2 Likes