You can call me AI

Maybe he can remake Colossus: The Forbin Project

4 Likes

@frauenfelder This happened to you yet?

3 Likes

Goebels is free, but Hitler is behind the paywall

5 Likes

Useful for young students?

ā€œHistorical Figures was developed by a 25-year-old developerā€ Iā€™m going to go out on a limb here and suggest this developer didnā€™t spend those 25 years studying history

ā€œthis will get to a point in the next year or so where the inaccurate stuff will completely go away. ā€

Because thatā€™s just how history works you know?

ā€œStudents donā€™t have the attention span to understand and focus. Thatā€™s why students arenā€™t learning that much. ā€

Projection much? My kidsā€™ history books are all about source materials and interrogating the past and the narratives about it critically. Theyā€™re in the target age for your app. They are way ahead of it and you should attend school and read a fucking book.
Example here, Jimmy Saville:
ā€œā€œI am deeply saddened by these allegations and the damage they have done to my legacy,ā€ he told an interlocutor. ā€œAll of the evidence available does not support these claims, and I firmly stand by my lifelong record of service to others in need.ā€ (Savile was a TV entertainer, not a humanitarian of some kind.) ā€

Worse than fucking useless, this shit is dangerous, and itā€™s also really bad at sounding like Jimmy Saville (and Stalin and Pol Pot etc.) partially because it doesnā€™t seem to have been trained on readily available texts by these people. Primary sources motherfuckers!

8 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s dangerous garbage. All these things do is create misinformation in the most dangerous way - with a confidence and authoritative tone. Even if they were any good, I think I would have taken my kids out of school rather than have them interact with an accurate Jimmy Saville or Hitler simulation. I mean, WTF?

9 Likes
1 Like

Feeding school children to an accurate representation of Jimmy Saville just sounds like an awful idea at every possible level. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

AI will fix it!

1 Like

Strap a gun to it and PRESTO!

Turns out the old ā€œcardboard box disguiseā€ trick works against military-grade AIs. Maybe they should change the agencyā€™s name to DERPAā€¦

4 Likes

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/internacional/en/brazil/2023/01/federal-police-combines-artificial-and-human-intelligence-to-identify-vandals-involved-in-the-attacks-in-brasilia.shtml

1 Like

Here for it!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Robot Justice

ā€œBad news: after receiving threats from State Bar prosecutors, it seems likely they will put me in jail for 6 months if I follow through with bringing a robot lawyer into a physical courtroom,ā€

Where would your law firm be in 10 years? - TechLawyered

4 Likes

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

3 Likes

Oh! This reminds me! As a follow up on CNET Money using AI to write articles, last weekā€™s Vergecast went on an interesting deep dive into why they are doing it. Basically, Red Ventures, the company that bought CNET (and Giant Bomb and other properties) from CBS, is now working to essentially turn them into content farms that they can insert credit card referrer links into, which are apparently insanely profitable,

So they donā€™t really care if it is accurate or good content as long as they can add a link into it. This kind of shit is what will destroy the internet

5 Likes

Hm. So, how much are those companies paying in fees to use SF as a beta-test site?

5 Likes

Looks like that ChatGPT detection program schools are using is working quite well :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-ffs

4 Likes

Makes sense, considering the alumni

ā€œnotable figures who have attended Wharton include Donald Trumpā€¦and Elon Musk, founder of Tesla (TSLA) and SpaceX and co-founder of PayPal (PYPL).ā€

3 Likes