You can call me AI

… I suppose it should not be surprising that Quora is now full of A.I.’s pretending to be human

4 Likes

18 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

But no love.

5 Likes

Love is for women and rubes! /s

4 Likes
5 Likes

“This is the first official commissioned music video collaboration between a music artist and filmmaker made with OpenAI’s Sora.”

1 Like

Angry Rip GIF by Superstore

3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

The dangerous robot car business isn’t doing too hot at the moment

3 Likes

Maybe they do need to cut costs in heavy burn mode, and maybe outsourcing production makes sense for them…

But all these layoffs seem like some frat initiation for tech CEOs. “Come-on Austin, you can do it! Fire! Fire! Fire!”

2 Likes

For the minute and a half of footage that ended up in the film, Patrick estimated that they generated “hundreds of generations at 10 to 20 seconds a piece”. Adding, “My math is bad, but I would guess probably 300:1 in terms of the amount of source material to what ended up in the final.”

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

How is, say, Microsoft making money out of AI? They spent billions and have taken in millions in subscriptions. They actually don’t offer it for sale to most of the customers.

4 Likes

I mean I get how NVIDIA are making money, they own the only pick, shovel, and dynamite shop in the Klondike, but who the hell else is actually making money selling stuff?

4 Likes

Profits at Alphabet, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft and Meta shoot up 38% thanks to artificial intelligence

And wages shoot up… < has a little think > …not a bit, no doubt.

:weary:

4 Likes