You can call me AI

With some minimal assumptions¹, the model for AI assistance in this industry is strong, with good outlooks for the necessary scalability and speed.

[1] assume P=NP.

3 Likes

I have a truly marvelous demonstration of this proposition which this comment is too narrow to contain

5 Likes
7 Likes

It’s not so much the NP that gets us; our problem doesn’t involve combing over every combination until something works. The problems tend to cost N^d unless you do something “very special” and with N tending to thousands, that gets out of hand for dimension d not very big.

“Very special” also tends to be broadly incompatible with the banks of NVidia GPU’s that the boss just blew the budget on, because they don’t do indirection, recursion and adaptive data structures very efficiently.

2 Likes

I’m surprised that they didn’t just transfer it to another computer.

15 Likes

The AI priest also told one user that it was okay to baptize a baby in Gatorade.

What? Are you supposed to use water, like from a toilet?

4 Likes

They really missed a trick here. They could have sold a cryptocurrency that is also an indulgence.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Well, he most likely didn’t. But “glued it” just doesn’t sound cool enough.

200w (39)

3 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

[The AI ebook foraging grift that can literally poison you - Vox](

Mushroom GIF by Luke Alexander

6 Likes

I’ve been wondering how long before YouTube instructional videos become totally untrustworthy.

I Cant Even GIF

6 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes

Newspapers sue OpenAI, Microsoft for copyright infringement

Eight newspapers owned by Alden Global Capital sued OpenAI and Microsoft on Tuesday, accusing the tech firms of illegally using copyrighted articles to train their artificial intelligence (AI) models.

https://thehill.com/newsletters/technology/4634159-microsoft-openai-sued-copyright-infringement-newspapers/

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes