You can call me AI

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/stability-ai-midjourney-should-face-artists-copyright-case-judge-says-2024-05-08/

3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Gah. Yet another tech company saw a Black Mirror episode and thought “that’s a great idea!”

2 Likes
2 Likes

[World’s First Race of A.I.-Driven Cars Was Filled With Spins, Swerves and Stops | Smithsonian (smithsonianmag.com)]

3 Likes

booksclayandcatherine

AI's Climate Impact Goes beyond Its Emissions | Scientific American.

how can we start doing ethical use of computers and computer tech?

5 Likes

In all, it took the vehicles about an hour to complete eight laps around the roughly 3.3-mile track

So: controlled environment, known track layout, 4 to 8 cars, gobs of computing power, 550hp engines
 and the cars go 40 km/h on average.

I’d like to see our neighbourhood speed limit lowered to 30 km/h. Maybe self-driving cars are the solution to that problem after all
 :thinking:

5 Likes

Probably by not letting venture capital continue to lead the direction in which computing is going. Bring it back to the computer science departments, the hobbyists, and people who give a shit about humane computing, rather than macho-pissing contests or money-making schemes
 :woman_shrugging:

It would also help if we moved our entire electrical grid to renewables.

9 Likes

I was reading the news with a calculator and the Central Statistics Office open on another page and I think we should make renewable, non polluting electricity free to domestic consumers and remove all supports and subsidies for fossil fuels. Smart meters and all that so you could heat your water etc. when it was free and so save burning gas or whatever you use.

Be 100% renewable in a couple of years.

5 Likes

But but, where’s the fourth vacay home for oil company execs in THAT?

/S

3 Likes

US aims to stay ahead of China in using AI to fly fighter jets, navigate without GPS and more

ChatGPT will be able to talke to you like Scarlett Johansson in Her

Narrator: It won’t

Also:

Arrested Development GIF

5 Likes

If they’re claiming that, they obviously haven’t understood the film. Your chat AI acting like the AI from that film is not a good thing.

3 Likes

These people never understand movies. It’s all the torment nexus meme, all the time.

5 Likes

new and improved with extra wailing and gnashing

3 Likes

So that’s all it takes to beat Humane and Rabbit huh?

1 Like
2 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/technology/how-dependent-is-china-us-artificial-intelligence-technology-2024-05-09/

3 Likes

Alt: “why is it so impossible to get AIs to tell the truth?”

2 Likes