You can call me AI

6 Likes

That timeline seems pretty optimistic. Iā€™d cut it in half.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Sam Altman gracefully thanked his OpenAI cofounder who quit. Then another exec quit hours later.

5 Likes

truth-0
truth-1

9 Likes
4 Likes

already here:

3 Likes

Sounds good, but using AI to fill in the gaps makes me uneasy. Hopefully itā€™s not the kind of AI that glitches and guesses what the scan would look like if it had better data.

5 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Thatā€™s funny because we already know from glitches in previous iterations of Chat GPT that it was trained on Reddit. Using some odd usernames as tokens caused it to output super glitchilyz

3 Likes

As distinct from the current state where they refuse to behave responsibly about, checks notes, oh fuck it anything.

Why worry about fantasy Lala land that they have no plan to get to other than ā€œmore computeā€? Worry about the reality. Start with more compute.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Is it possible that there are private or member-private messages on Reddit that a crawler couldnā€™t get to?

Obviously OpenAI wants something that it canā€™t simply take.

1 Like
4 Likes

Pure spitballing but I figure that Redditā€™s utility as search engine data might be what is the attraction for AI currently.

That they want to integrate that at both ends does mean it will be useless very quickly though.

Sorry: both will be useless for search, chat search (whatever they are calling it) and Reddit too.

1 Like

Reddit looks like theyā€™ve got some kind of chatbot now, plugging the output of the AI centipede to the input.

5 Likes
4 Likes