You can call me AI

Everybody is breaking the law and stealing your stuff.

All of them.

8 Likes
8 Likes
1 Like

Episode 5 Burn In Hell GIF by The Simpsons

2 Likes

You know, there’s been a lot of talk about AI in the context of enshittification, but it occurs to me this is something it’s part of too. I don’t know if there’s a name for it, but there’s sort of an idea of tech bros that all of the internet should exist for them to use for free, with no recognition that other people made it.

Like, this isn’t a story about AI, but I think it’s the same principle behind it.

9 Likes

The tech bros are like the Ammon Bundys of Silicon Valley. If they see commons not locked down, fenced and guarded, they see it as free for the taking. (And then to be enclosed by themselves if possible.)

11 Likes

Dead right. Anyone with secondary school level history should know the real tragedy of the commons from actual history and reclaim it from that racist bullshitter.

The tragedy was simply that the wealthy elite of the day stole the commons, enclosed them for their private benefit, and rendered people destitute as a result. Good news! Ready labour force for the dark satanic mills with a hellscape to raise more stunted children to feed to the machines and make even more money for the already wealthy.

We march in General Lud’s army!

9 Likes

OpenAI says Sky voice in ChatGPT will be paused after concerns it sounds too much like Scarlett Johansson

6 Likes
7 Likes

Any attempt to install that shit on my PC will get nuked, even if I have to crater the registry.

7 Likes

More context from Johansson on the creepy Altman fucker:

All those guys are ick when they are not flat out evil.

6 Likes

Sundar Pichai says OpenAI might have breached YouTube’s terms and conditions to train its text-to-video model Sora

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

AI might be coming for your job, but Sam Altman can’t go on dinner dates anymore

Spare a thought for poor Sam Altman. Amid the ongoing drama that is OpenAI, with high-profile departures and regulators worrying about safety, the CEO is complaining that his fame put an end to impromptu dining in his own city.

Excuse us while we break out the world’s smallest violin.

[…]

Also, more about key figures leaving.

4 Likes

We need a tiny violin react.

3 Likes

Sad Get Over It GIF

3 Likes

@KathyPartdeux

Oh, a Guaraná for you…

4 Likes

Frustrated April Bowlby GIF by DOOM PATROL

This is fine.