You can call me AI

I don’t think a speak and spell would make any worse predictions :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

For some reason that reminded me of Francis E. Dec, Esq.

Is there anyway of knowing I am the same person that went to sleep last night?

2 Likes

Ugh, super nasty racist language in that video.

1 Like

So you’re basically saying it will be an improvement?

2 Likes

Interesting. I never knew Trump University even offered courses in philosophy.

3 Likes

Some of these claims make sense; it isn’t that surprising that tooth enamel and eye lenses don’t have turnover because neither are actually living even though they are made by living tissue. But it’s highly dubious that there is no turnover in neuronal DNA, because even though it is true that many neurons last a lifetime, their working components aren’t eternal. Regarding their DNA in particular, we know that there are specific mechanisms for DNA repair in neurons (and DNA repair involves new nucleotides being incorporated)

https://www.nia.nih.gov/news/aging-neurons-prioritize-essential-genes-when-repairing-dna

We’re just changing atoms of meat, surround by a framework of tattoo ink?

3 Likes

TRUE FACT: if you cut a human being in half, each half will grow into a complete person :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Bravo! :laughing:

It’s almost like there’s more to “me” than the tangible reality of my corporeal elements.

4 Likes

Bisected horizontally, or vertically? :thinking:

Came across an epic discussion thread about this (which predictably I can’t find now), but referencing the time She-Hulk tore Wolverine in half - his top half had to crawl 4 miles to get back to his legs, and he then had to kind of hold them in place until he healed.

The question was raised - what if he couldn’t find the legs, would he just regrow a new pair? But then, the bones would be normal (not adamantium), and probably couldn’t support his top half…

2 Likes

… I wasn’t sure anyone would think that was funny — humor is risky :grimacing:

4 Likes

A fair point - but relevant in the context of the Wolverine ramble.

Plus Zach at SMBC touched on this before - AHA! That’s where I saw the epic discussion - thanks!:

(that 4th panel is just :man_cook::kiss:)

And another about the existential angst of a split body regrowing:

(ETA: Sorry, too much derailing on an AI thread, we now return you to your usual programming)

3 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

6 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

64%? That seems low… are they sure that the other 36% aren’t AI-bots?

3 Likes