You can call me AI

I have maybe half a dozen comments on this article formenting in my head right now; I should try to formulate and post some of them but that depends in no small measure on how long I’ll be in the office today and the EU championship.

5 Likes

Go for it Ray, we’re all rooting for ya!

You Got This Kristen Bell GIF

Wherever. Just… upload himself. Byeeee…

3 Likes

…and it’s “wreak havoc,” not “wreck havoc,” altho I suppose one could do so if desired.

2 Likes

AFAIK I am flesh and flesh makes me me. I am a function of my brain. I can’t think of anyway you could move me outside of my brain. It would be copy of me existing independently of me.

7 Likes

Yup. We are made out of meat.

5 Likes

OK, this is hilarious. It could be used for evil but the video is hilarious.

1 Like

Yeah, but you see, you lay off your experienced developers and hire new developers who just about scrape by through using copilot but cost much less

3 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes

Then realize that you are aren’t you from a couple of years ago because nearly every molecule in you since then has been replaced. Basically a continuous “you” is an illusion.

2 Likes

Except my fillings and that titanium plate.

7 Likes

Continuously replacing parts isn’t exactly the same thing as ditching them for something else entirely. If they kept replacing planks from the Ship of Theseus with clay facsimiles, it would have sank.

8 Likes

… it’s like “Dorian Gray,” but Ray is the painting?

6 Likes

Atoms in tooth enamel are not replaced. “As a consequence, the C14 levels found in a person’s tooth enamel can be used to estimate the year at which their teeth formed, due to the fact that atmospheric levels of C14 have decreased steadily since the cessation of above-ground nuclear bomb testing in 1964.”

“ That paper also cites other studies reporting that there is no turnover of neuronal DNA and eye lens crystaline protiens.

Work by Spalding et al. (2005b) and Bhardwaj et al. (2006) on neural tissue DNA, and by Lynnerup et al. (2008) on eye lens crystalline proteins have confirmed that other tissue components in the body besides tooth enamel, once

formed https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/227839.pdf, do not turnover during life.”

11 Likes
4 Likes

… you people with your “science” and “facts” :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Right-- basically training an AI on all your stimulus-response parameters. That’s about as close to “merging” with AI as you can get. Keep an eye out for Talking Tom featuring Ray Kurweil in the App Store :grin:

5 Likes

The real eternal essence of me is the titanium plate.

3 Likes

He’ll basically be a Speak n Spell. The Kurzweil says moo.

5 Likes