You can call me AI

In order to facilitate ease of access:

6 Likes

The third article in a week that I’ve read suggesting that GenAI is not actually doing anything useful:

Goldman Sachs says return on investment for AI may be disappointing

Even Goldman Sachs, who can generally make money out of any ludicrous hype cycle, think there’s nothing of value there.

Summary from the others:

• Only 5% of businesses are doing any kind of AI roll out and, of those, a lot are scaling back because the returns are nonexistent or negative.
  • Experienced developers using Copilot are 20% less productive.
  • Silicon Valley companies spent $50B on NVIDIA GPUs and that led to a $3B increase in revenue (not profit).
  • Improvements in newer generation AI models is incremental, but the costs of training are increasing disproportionately.
5 Likes

Mike Yard K GIF by The Nightly Show

7 Likes
3 Likes

https://ludic.mataroa.blog/blog/i-will-fucking-piledrive-you-if-you-mention-ai-again/

1 Like

US Army: We want to absorb private-sector AI ‘as fast as y’all are building them’

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

You Dont Say The Big Lebowski GIF

5 Likes
2 Likes

American Rounds markets an automated ammunition dispenser which uses artificial intelligence technology to verify a buyer’s identification and age through card scanning and facial recognition software.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Something tells me that he didn’t load up on Nvidia because he thought the next Nintendo system is gonna be a big hit

2 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

How about he uploads himself into the onboard computer of a Cybertruck?

4 Likes

He better keep good relations with his wife or children or they might transfer him into a cat litter box robot. With an enhanced sense of smell.

5 Likes