You can call me AI

… turns out not to be Romania after all

3 Likes
4 Likes

I had to sit through a marketing presentation last week by *****, a very big company, that could have been usefully submitted to ChatGPT for a rewrite for clarity and coherence. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like

Not going to make a joke about hands or teeth on this one

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

Wow! Something even worse than Spotify’s new AI DJ?!? Which, I hear, has an AI generated voice, but has some input from human writing staff also today. I wouldn’t know because I don’t use the service that Joe Rogan owns (If they can’t get rid of him, they don’t own him)

I’m actually kind of curious just to hear how bad this is though.

4 Likes

If it’s learning pool is WKRP in Cincinnati, it’ll be just fine.

2 Likes

Imagine…every few hours…turkeys…raining from the sky!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Apparently Tik Tok has a new AI Teen filter and people are going insane. I don’t want to post a twitter link, but this gathers up a whole bunch of videos of Gen-Xers using it and feeling sad that they are old now. So, the link goes to twitter, but I imagine you can also go right to Tik Tok and search for some yourself if you choose to. You can also play the one video below without going to twitter, but apparently the thread has many, many more

I have to say that the results I have seen look impressive. And that it will be used by old people to catfish teens.

So, that’s great. /s

2 Likes

Yep. That’s just scary. :flushed:

2 Likes

It is pretty scary. I guess I am lucky in that I don’t feel the need to use it. Every time I look in the mirror, 24 year old me is right there looking back. Weirdly, all cameras seem to have an AI aging filter of some kind, since there is just some old man in them.

(This is an actual thing that I experience! Not really 24 yo me obviously, but in a mirror I “look like I always have”, but in photos I can barely recognize myself. I am sure there is an interesting cognitive, perceptual, or incredible vanity explanation for this, but I have never bothered to look into it)

3 Likes

… he’s still got a fifty-year-old neck :thinking:

3 Likes

Comment:

Some good points.

Hey, AI hucksters. Dial down the hype. Lots of love, the FTC

3 Likes

Someone should tell the academics too :roll_eyes: :disappointed:

2 Likes