You can call me AI

OpenAI opens ChatGPT floodgates with dirt-cheap API

After a limited trial OpenAI has unleashed its ChatGPT and Whisper models on developers, who can now integrate chatbot interaction and speech-to-text conversion into their own applications through API calls.

[…]

1 Like

A new field of research dubbed “organoid intelligence” is emerging as scientists look to build computers from lumps of brain cells grown in a petri dish.

These organoids are cultured from stem cells harvested from skin samples, and are tiny lumps of brain cells containing a jumble of neurons. Researchers believe they can store information, and can be trained to learn simple tasks like a computer that operates much more efficiently than artificial neural networks.

AI can now outperform humans at multiple tasks, but humans are still much better at processing information and learning new things, academics who coined the term “organoid intelligence” argued in a paper in Frontiers in Science.

[…]

1 Like
1 Like

Comment:

1 Like
5 Likes

We’ve been trying this for tens of thousands of years with very limited success…

1 Like

I’m sure that the company will be fixing their software’s racial bias. Or not.

3 Likes

I just encountered this today. Sorry if it’s old news- my internet habits don’t require solving many captchas.
Anyhow, so anyone can identify a cow, but now, in its “natural environment?”

So we went from helping train AI to recognize real-life images, to helping AI generate realistic images. I want off this crazy ride!

5 Likes

6 Likes

How is he still alive…? And commenting on anything?

4 Likes
2 Likes

(Not a real new yorker cartoon)

3 Likes

“They Melvined me.”

1 Like
4 Likes

A sesame bun?

1 Like

Won’t be long now until AI gives the final word on the “what is a sandwich” controversy.

4 Likes
2 Likes

bill and teds excellent adventure GIF

3 Likes
2 Likes

this seems like the place to drop this:

3 Likes