3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

matthew broderick professor falken GIF

4 Likes

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2023/03/how-ai-could-write-our-laws.html

1 Like
6 Likes

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet… but…

https://pluralistic.net/2023/03/09/autocomplete-worshippers/#the-real-ai-was-the-corporations-that-we-fought-along-the-way

5 Likes

Sounds like a human threat - nobody is making us put AI in charge of wars

2 Likes

Via the Interesting People list

The conventional fear—*It’s coming for our jobs!—*underrated the consequences of artificial intelligence in a very real sense. … No, the arrival of GPT-4 and the language programs preceding it forces us to confront much bigger questions: What is the value of originality? How does language construct meaning? And even, what is the nature of a person?

I think the article almost nails it. What I’m not happy about, but consider nearly inevitable, is that these tools will simply generate so much garbage text that a lot of what we call “the Internet” is simply going to drown in a flood of recombined text. Ted Chiangs “ChatGPT as a lossy JPEG” of internet text, recycled and regurgitated, will overwhelm the real human input.

So my friend went to ChatGPT and had it write a children’s French book about his son’s favorite superhero, specifying the grade level and length.

My oldest child has already used ChatGPT as a language learning tool. That’s a use I hadn’t thought about, but seems to be quite effective.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Huh.

4 Likes

I was vaguely aware of the show, and somewhat put off by the Damon Lindelof (Watchmen was amazing, but everything else :person_shrugging:).

Seeing this, however, has me completely on board!

2 Likes

… and that’s just her day job!

1 Like
5 Likes

Till now I thought chatGPT was impressive, but easy enough to brush off. Now I’m not so sure,

ETA:
Here, v4.0 makes v3.5 look dumb as rocks,

3 Likes

One of the customers who already work with GTP4 is Duolingo.

4 Likes

Some interesting names signed onto this

Members include: American Association of Independent Music, American Federation of Musicians, Americana Music Association, American Photographic Artists, Artist Rights Alliance, Artist Rights Watch, ASCAP, Association of American Publishers, Black Music Action Coalition, Christian Music Trade Association, Church Music Publishers Association, Concept Art Association, Department of Professional Employees, AFL-CIO, European Composer and Songwriter Alliance, Future of Music Coalition, Georgia Music Partners, Global Music Rights, Gospel Music Association, Graphic Artists Guild, IFPI, International Federation of Actors, #IRespectMusic, Living Legends Foundation, MLB Players’ Association, Music Artists Coalition, Music Tech Policy, Music Workers Alliance, National Music Publishers’ Association, News Media Alliance, NFL Players Association, NHL Players’ Association, Professional Photographers of America, Recording Academy, Recording Industry Association of America, Rhythm & Blues Foundation, SAG-AFTRA, SESAC, Songwriters of North America, SoundExchange and The Trichordist.

2 Likes

When the companies are owned by techbro liberfascistarians…

5 Likes
2 Likes

Snl Damn It GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes