You can call me AI

LLMs do have uses I think. Adding them to search isn’t one of them. Basically we are at the stage of “x but with LLM” that we were with NFTs. Too much capital looking for a home when it should be taken off them and something useful done with it.

We already had the driving technologies before the most recent 100 billion was spent. That was spent to get us from level two. Where we still are.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Dumb Ass GIF by Law Office of Robert Eckard

6 Likes

Great :no_mouth: So kinda like an intern but without even the hope of developing a functioning sense of process, an understanding of objectives, lacking any coherent fundamentals of the field, missing an identifiable thought process; but with an ability to generate unlimited, grammatically passable, randomly unhinged copy vaguely about some inevitably incorrect understanding of what I asked for.

Any human in need of that kind of an assist is already in deep trouble. :boat: :anchor:

3 Likes

Okay, I found a way to access the list around WaPo’s paywall.

Not too fucking shabby for a RPi3 eh? And that was four years ago.

5 Likes

I guess we’re the reason the AIs are so “left-learning”.

bbc4

eta: I opened a private window in Firefox to the WP article to get at the list.

4 Likes

AI-driven robots start hunting for novel materials without help from humans

Fully automated system is working 24/7 to create new inorganic materials that could improve batteries, fuel cells, and superconductors

3 Likes

10 Likes

3 Likes

Hmmm…

5 Likes

Five months after ChatGPT set off an investment frenzy over artificial intelligence, Beijing is moving to rein in China’s chatbots, a show of the government’s resolve to keep tight regulatory control over technology that could define an era.

:rofl:

Check and mate…

4 Likes

How are you preparing HYBE for the rise of generative artificial intelligence?

I have long doubted that the entities that create and produce music will remain human. I don’t know how long human artists can be the only ones to satisfy human needs and human tastes. And that’s becoming a key factor for my operation and a strategy for HYBE. We were able to acquire a company, Supertone, that can clone voice completely. Not just tone, but also intonation. So for example, we can record your voice and then put or apply Angelina Jolie’s intonation or her speech and make it into a completely different voice. And this technology can also replicate the character of a person, in any language. You can make the voice older or younger. Currently we’re running some small-scale projects with this company, and one of them is scheduled to be published and rolled out in May. Inside our company we call it Project L. It’s still in the pilot stage.

Are you worried that people could use that kind of technology to imitate the voices of BTS members for profit?

Of course, but that doesn’t keep us from pursuing it. I believe regulations and institutions must be put in place and social consensus [around AI] should be made as soon as possible. Recently, Hollywood’s Writers Guild of America drafted a document to handle AI writing scripts. Rather than keeping AI from writing scripts or not using AI, I believe it is a more appropriate to respond to such change in society.

Okay interesting fact time. Years before HYBE, at Big Hit Entertainment they were struggling to get cash before the debut of BTS. So how did they get out of debt? Yamaha and SBS were launching a korean language version of vocaloid. All the talent agencies in South Korea big and small rejected their offer to have one of their talents to make a voicebank for them except one company, Big Hit. So Bang took the offer and had one of the agency’s girls make a voicebank for them. Bang even produced a few of SeeU’s demos promoting the voicebank

For one of the televised performances with SeeU he even had like half of BTS perform as her backup dancers too

So I find it interesting that he would even consider going back into the voicebank business.

2 Likes

A few years later Dahee was tried and convicted for blackmailing film star Lee Byung-hung. After that her group disbanded.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I remembered the vocaloid community being absolutely glued to that story seeing how it was the first time a voice provider got themselves into deep trouble.

On a related note, Elon’s baby mama is working on releasing a bank herself

And Porter Robinson released his bank Po-Uta about an month ago

2 Likes

Pouta happens to mean something like “rainless” or “dry” day in Finnish.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So basically they taught a computer how to be hyperlexic? I’m saying that as someone who is hyperlexic. By that I mean it’s great at reading and scanning a lot of topics but it often times has issues of picking up on context on those topics. A 3 year old like me a long time ago being able to read the telephone book, yup. 3 year old me understanding what a taxidermist is based on reading that profession’s name is in said telephone book is, nope. I had trouble in school before from being able to read or scan a book but being stunned that I missed obvious things (I thought Matilda imagined that she had powers and not that she actually did which surprised me when i saw the movie in class even though I pretty much aced the questions about it on a quiz. It was quite discouraging lol).

Out of all of the inaccurate stuff that was in the movie Rain Man, the only really accurate thing in the movie was the depiction of hyperlexia. Hoffman’s character being super picky about which airlines to get on because he read something once about airline safety but not picking up on how incredibly safe airplane travel is in general so he fights tooth and nail with Cruise’s character because he thinks certain airlines will kill them as soon as they get on their plane(s).

3 Likes

Though Penelope would have been an amazingly brave choice, she was probably still pretty young back then.

Dammit I meant Tom, not Penelope. I’m a bit burned out this afternoon haha

1 Like

Sorry, couldn’t resist :smiley:

1 Like