You can call me AI

So now Buffett’s going to retreat to one of those bunkers Omaha is famous for?

I don’t suppose he’d be terribly missed.

5 Likes

… “rewind to 2006” is the new Luddism

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Ewww… the Daily Heil?

team america vomit GIF

I meant the true meaning of luddism, not just the rejection of technology for the sake of it, but the movement that fought for worker’s rights in the age of industrial automation.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Seems legit.

3 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Already seems banal.

3 Likes

They’ve got AI at Google I/O this year, laid on thicker than Ted Cruz.

(Also, “unknown device traveling with” detection is coming to Android.)

2 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

Show us the sauce code… Wendy’s and Google to test drive-thru order-taking bot

Wendy’s and Google have together built a chatbot for taking drive-thru orders, using large language models and generative AI.

The system works by converting spoken fast-food orders to text that can be processed by Google’s large language model. A generative component added to the system is designed to make the chatbot interact with people in a more natural and conversational manner, so that it’s less rigid and robotic.

[…]

1 Like

Microsoft can’t stop injecting Copilot AI into every corner of its app empire

3 Likes

The researchers didn’t end up hiring anyone because of the 14 unique bids submitted, nine answered the screening question. Of those, all nine answers were generated by an LLM and all were incorrect, exhibiting hallucinated functions, hallucinated columns, and other errors.

There has to be a better word than hallucination.

Obviously there are types of questions that LLMs can answer, and not a hope with others. Leaning the difference will be a big minefield.

5 Likes

Is it super-weird that I read the Naomi Klein article about “hallucinations” with regards to AI and now that shit is popping up everywhere… Like I heard it on the radio (I think a market place bit) and now here…

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Happy Excuse Me GIF

1 Like