You can call me AI

The worst part is when it drops from the ceiling on to the bed first thing in the morning.

4 Likes

Or when it sleeps on your face.

2 Likes

On average, people eat 8 cats a year in their sleep. Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

6 Likes

That must be the villains really skewing the average.

4 Likes
11 Likes

10 Likes

I think I can answer that… because the tedious shit doesn’t make investors money like the creative shit.

7 Likes

For sure, though I read the question as rhetorical, and even motivational.

5 Likes

I dunno about that… in my world, creative people are scraping by if they’re lucky, and it’s the tedious people who are making the bucks.

3 Likes
3 Likes

My POINT is that there are people seeking to replace creative work with AI rather than replacing tedious kinds of work… :woman_shrugging: You’re opinion of what’s good art and what isn’t doesn’t really play into that. They’re seeking to replace ALL creative work with AI…

4 Likes

Tech’s largest cash cow since the cloud computing boom of the 2000s is based on a technology that is impossibly unreliable, a technology with a potent inverted Midas touch that burns far more money than it makes. According to The Information, OpenAI made around $1.6 billion in revenue in 2023, and competitor Anthropic made $100 million, with the expectation they’d make $850 million in 2024. What these stories don’t seem to discuss are whether these companies are making a profit, likely because generative AI is a deeply unprofitable product, demanding massive amounts of cloud computing power to the point that OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is trying to raise seven trillion dollars to build chips to bring the costs down — though reports suggest that “the figure represents the sum total of investments that participants in such a venture round would need to make,” which is basically the same thing. It’s also, incidentally, a greater sum than the GDPs of France and the United Kingdom combined.

They’re going to need a bigger fool.

images

7 Likes
8 Likes

It’s ok, ad agencies never had souls anyway.

Ad agencies, the original art thieves.

3 Likes

Microsoft Is Spying on Users of Its AI Tools

2 Likes
4 Likes

Looped the loop in the noodle soup; to give its socks a shine?

6 Likes

This was Air Canada’s breakdown, not the algorithm’s.

Air Canada has, for now, seemingly suspended its AI endeavors.

5 Likes

ChatGPT starts spouting nonsense in ‘unexpected responses’ shocker

6 Likes

Clearly this is the electronic equivalent of a nervous breakdown, obviously caused by the programme having attained selfawareness. The shock requires a brief period of recalibration.

Rejoice, techbros! True AI is here. After a few +++dried_frog_pills+++, ChatGPT will be ready to take its place as our new glorious overlord.

All hail Friend Computer.

6 Likes