You can cook salmon in the dishwasher

People used to say octopi, and I put it in the possessive form because it’s preceded a gerund. And now I’ve been going back and forth on that for a while because I love grammar but am also driven crazy by it.

2 Likes

Like plait-a-poo?

1 Like

I remember seeing more modern versions of these, had no idea it had been around so long.

4 Likes

Since I’ve never seen either of these chaps before I am struck by the guy in the grey suit representing a slightly different masculine ideal than what we seem to have nowadays.

He’s both short and seems quite skinny. (Although the suit makes it hard to tell.) To have a television career today, a person with that frame would have to be kind of fun and wacky to justify their presence on a screen. I reckon that these days, the gin and tonic type of quiet elegance that they grey suited guy exhibits would only be permitted for a much burlier man.

When I first saw “poaching salmon in a coffee maker” I thought it sounded gross, but that is a really sweet story! Thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I seem to recall a foil-wrapped roast beef recipe from the '50s too, just the right thing for a Sunday picnic outing. Popular Mechanics, maybe? Just season and wrap it, and tuck it in securely next to the engine.

1 Like

I tried this years ago, cooking under the hood. Didn’t work. You’d have to leave it there for a really long time

1 Like

Waaaay back in the day (about 1977), I did this very thing, Dishwasher Salmon. We had company over, I showed everyone what was about to happen with the fish, and it worked! The salmon was perfect. There was some residual guilt about the waste of hot water, which a glass of vinho verde helped resolve.

1 Like

Dashboard snacks anyone?

3 Likes

Yum.

Perfect follow-up to some nice gas station sushi.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.