You can cook salmon in the dishwasher

Originally published at: You can cook salmon in the dishwasher | Boing Boing

2 Likes

If he had called it a “Sous Vide hack” I’m betting the tone of this post would be different.

13 Likes

Yeah, but one really shouldn’t be using salmon that stinks up the house when cooked conventionally anyway.

13 Likes

Who needs a dishwasher when you’ve got a Bass-o-Matic?

19 Likes

And apparently a washing machine is very useful for tenderizing octopuses. Still not gonna do it.

Yeah, I hear some researchers prefer octos these days, but I’m just getting past octopi’s having never been technically right…

2 Likes

We were so busy seeing if we could, we never asked if we should….

3 Likes

Do you think it still applies with modern, energy-saving diswashers? I think the default non-heated drying cycle could lead to undercooking.

2 Likes

(I remember there were actual recipes for cooking stuff in your car’s engine compartment on long drives, though usually they were wrapped in foil like the salmon recipe.)

7 Likes

Seems like a waste of hot water. It’s much easier to poach salmon in the coffee maker.

Protip: If cooking in a hotel coffee maker, make sure it hasn’t been used to cook meth.

Maybe actually just use a frying pan.

11 Likes

What kind of fish are you buying that it stinks up the house when you cook it? Seriously, honestly: fresh fish should not stink. If it smells, don’t eat it.

Also, I can’t be bothered to unload the damned dishwasher half the time, so I doubt I’m going to go through the trouble of trying to cook in it.

9 Likes

I’m thinking that is more of a motel thing? :thinking:

3 Likes

You can cook in a compost heap, if you’ve got a good aerobic cycle going:

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’d take cooking advice from Mr. Price. He put mayonnaise in his guacamole.

6 Likes

Vincent Price? Dracula?

2 Likes

The fiend!!

7 Likes

Octopodes.

10 points for the pluralization of an incorrect plural though!

6 Likes

To be fair, mayo was considered it’s own food group by the USDA until 1987

3 Likes

Thanks. You beat me to it.

2 Likes

To speak In defense of someone I don’t know, the apostrophe was a contraction for “octopi is wrong” and they were right on both counts.

2 Likes

I actually own that cookbook! Never tried any of the recipes though…

1 Like