Youtube ignored repeated reports about explicit suicide instructions spliced into cartoons on Youtube Kids

I’m confused. Did someone take an old video of this George Miller guy and splice it into YouTube Kids videos? Why was this guy making suicide instructional videos in the first place?

1 Like

/s appreciated, but I’m not clear which content will be deleted if I do. It seems likely that I would loose parts of the OS updates as well, and it takes quite some time to upload all this stuff again.

1 Like

Yes; Edgelord comedy. He has since retired the character and is now a musician under the handle Joji. Video for reference:

3 Likes

Fair question. It looks that way. So George is an “alt-comedian.” He peddled in sketch comedy on his YouTube channel that is near weaponized cringe humor. Combinations of racism, sexism and gross out humor dialed up and combined with absurdist framing. It’s meant to draw out a reaction.

For example: He made rap/cooking videos dressed in a pink zentai suit spitting up ingredients into the pan and bars about committing suicide, homophobia and meaningless sex.

Shock value junk.

Taking shock clips and putting them into kids cartoons sounds like another person thinking Tyler Durden was meant to be a role model to emulate and wants a piece of the mayhem.

4 Likes

Maybe all the people sent by YouTube to check on those videos are dead?

A few years ago, George Miller acting under the Filthy Frank character made a set of greenscreen clips, which included this clip as well as this one which you may or may not have seen as a GIF:

The character of Filthy Frank was a parody of YouTuber culture wherein being offensive or unsightly results in viewership and popularity no matter how severe the actions become. This ranged from sharing offensive opinions, eating uncooked animals and cakes made of human hair, making a friend get a tattoo, the whole “It’s just a prank” thing, and finding a dead body in Aokiga-- Wait, wrong guy. In any case, he was arguably ahead of his time. Also, he was inadvertently responsible for the Harlem Shake. Remember that? That was a thing that happened.

As H4Z0 noted, George retired Filthy Frank to both focus on a career in music as well as to stave off the long-term physical and mental health effects that being Filthy Frank brought to the table. Personally I would have linked this video:

2 Likes

Thanks to all for the answers.

Between the green screen and the content of the video, it’s hard not to draw the conclusion that he intended for people to splice him into kids videos. What a tool.

Glad he’s not doing that anymore, but that music is drek.

1 Like

eta: removed article on hoax panic campaign. Left Bird Woman image because I’m that kind of person.

Thanks, I hate it.

2 Likes

That’s a bit of a stretch.
Many YouTubers, including JacksFilms, PewDiePie, and iDubbbzTV, have made similar green screen videos or compilations for meme-making purposes or contests among fans. Their intentions are less “splice me into a video meant for kids so I can tell them to cut themselves” and more “splice me into a dumb video for Twitter” and the like.

As for the music, well, that’s, like, your, y’know, opinion, man. 88rising is probably the most prolific Asian-American music label out there, though, so you gotta give props to that at least.

2 Likes

This looks like it was a hoax, and you should probably stop spreading it.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was suspicious that the Express UK had the most detailed article on it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.