Youtube removes video of woman playing harp with a distortion pedal because it "endangers children"

Originally published at: Youtube removes video of woman playing harp with a distortion pedal because it "endangers children" | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Hey YouTube!!

thing-addams

39 Likes

Meanwhile, hundreds of videos are still up advising people of all ages to inject horse dewormer directly into their eyeballs using a ballpoint pen to prevent the Covid, while there are thousands of videos encouraging the armed overthrow of the government and millions of videos “just asking questions” about certain races and ethnicities.

65 Likes

To be fair, there are cases of children who started the harp at an early age and never learned to speak.

51 Likes

64 Likes

“Endangers children?”
ya GIF
Sounds like “The Children” is a substitute for someone’s personal issues.

20 Likes

As much as I hate the person who reported this, it’s an obvious platform failure. You have to know that one person out of a billion is going to report videos for no reason whatsoever and plan for that in some way.

Kinda suprised that just about every video isn’t reported in this way actually. What would YouTube do then?

10 Likes

I won’t lie, it pleases me to imagine ways metal harp shredding could damage the innocent. But it displeases me that youtube persists in being such a shitshow.

9 Likes

It’s not like it was accordion 🪗 music, now that I can understand.

32 Likes

Never try to run through a harp, kids.

16 Likes

Well, the word “harp” means “harm Monica,” so there’s that.

7 Likes

my sentiments exactly - i published a video of mine on youtube once, and it was stolen and plagarized. When i tried to remove it by reporting it, the youtube bots asked me for so much information I couldn’t provide to remove it and rejected the request. yeah - fuck youtube - delete your youtube.

13 Likes

I think it was a Victor Borge joke which posed the question “what’s the difference between an accordion and an onion?”

The answer: “nobody cries when you chop up an accordion.”

34 Likes

maybe she should have gone out into the night…

1 Like

Pistols at dawn. Weehawken.

4 Likes

Makes as much sense as Jethro Tull winning the ‘hard rock/heavy metal’ best album in 1988. That is, none whatsoever.

4 Likes

Looks like the original video is working [again?]:

So maybe shame motivated YouTube to correct things in this case.

29 Likes

Eh, follow the money:
Video of woman playing harp = low engagement, low ad revenue

Videos of horse dewormer = high engagement, high ad revenue.
Videos of alt-Covid conspiracies = high engagement, high ad revenue.
Videos of armed insurrection fantasies = high engagement, high ad revenue.
Videos of “racism” and racism = high engagement, high ad revenue.

12 Likes

I suppose I understand youtube temp removing a video that might “endanger children” on a single false flag. But I have to wonder how often that happens. There is a point where user reported content violations won’t be useful of a good percentage of them are false.

7 Likes

That’s silly. Everyone knows the only thing you can do to an eye with a ball point pen is to tattoo the whites of your eye.

2 Likes