Youtube removes video of woman playing harp with a distortion pedal because it "endangers children"

Say what now?

27 Likes

It’s spelled “YouTube”.

Oh heck no, that’s where the real “squirrel eaters” live.

3 Likes

There was something similar on BB not long ago

And there are others

3 Likes

I bet that someone took exception to the fact that a Nepentes carnivorous plant decal might, to a dirty mind, look like genitalia. I wonder if AI suffers from pareidolia too.

9 Likes

driving waynes world GIF

11 Likes

We loosely prefer AP style, which says you should “generally” use the company’s preferred spelling but offers give to avoid symbols or peculiar capitalization if the whim takes you. The styleguide is inconsistent (or at least arbitrary: for example it says “eBay” is fine but “lululemon” is not) but obviously offers latitude to avoid these branding artifices.

Note: lowercase or fabulously rendered personal names are fine by me.

26 Likes

Automated moderation fails yet again. I just wish Google and other techbro companies would get their heads out of their collective butts and stop using computers for human related issues.

5 Likes

Now, now, let’s not get common sense involved here.
/sarcasm

Now if there was only a way to punish people who maliciously report videos as something they are not, in order to discourage such blatant abuse of the reporting system…

9 Likes

That is some pretty astonishing noises to get out of a harp.

9 Likes

Two words- Electric Bagpipes.

11 Likes

One word: no

14 Likes

Three words – No True Scotsman.

13 Likes

Name checks out, you’re probably a good judge!

5 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are - there are a lot of nutty people out there, offended by (literally) everything, have ideological bones to pick, or just driving trollies. So there must be some threshold of report numbers that needs to be met, and/or algorithms are involved. The platform failure is at that point.

4 Likes

Oh crap! All this time I thought we were talking about Youtube, but we’ve really been talking about YouTube? Well this changes everything…

14 Likes

whips out perl

2 Likes

Well, Hamburger Lady is still up. I’m feeling a little reassured that everything hasn’t yet gone pear-shaped. :grinning:

THROBBING GRISTLE - hamburger lady (live Turin 2005.06.29)

5 Likes

But that would require them to employ and pay humans to moderate videos, even at minimum wage, that’s more money than they’re obviously prepared to pay.

10 Likes