Youtube removes video of woman playing harp with a distortion pedal because it "endangers children"

question asks GIF

6 Likes

There are about 2.5 million new YT videos per day. That’s a lot to moderate with humans. Is it even possible?

4 Likes

Excuse Me Whatever GIF by Originals

9 Likes

I think it was Far Side cartoon with a newly arrived soul that was captioned “Welcome to heaven here is your harp”, and another new soul arriving at hell “Welcome to Hell, here is your accordion”

10 Likes

Beautifully done, bravo!

man technology GIF

4 Likes

Cool modification to the harp’s sounds; the claim that it somehow ‘endangers’ kids seems ludicrous.

7 Likes

It’s probably something dumb that triggered it, but honestly, I kind of want it to be a bit more high drama of a reason… like, it was a rival harp player or something!

14 Likes

Now that would make for a better story.

13 Likes

It could go a lot simpler. I mean, she’s got all the makings for a garrotte.

11 Likes

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of family type videos on YouTube and a lot videos for various customers spread around YouTube. A couple years ago, and I don’t remember which video but it was harmless, got pulled down for violating some sort of YouTube policy not related to copyright.

I do remember disputing it by basically saying wtf in a polite way. A couple hours later, with no fanfare, it was back online.

The point? It happens and, at least in my experience, YouTube resolved it very quickly. So maybe she jumped the gun because it is back online.

And, way cool thing to do with a harp.

3 Likes

I don’t personally care for accordion music, but the eternally great Weird Al does, so it gets a free pass from me.

8 Likes

I wish more people would use Vimeo or just self-host, but there’s that pesky “the algorithm will serve this to the masses” thing that YouTube does so well. It’s hard.

7 Likes

I dunno, this kind of rocks.

Maybe it’s the distortion pedal that’s harmful to kids.

NOPE! The kids are just fine.

14 Likes

Four words - Battle of the Bands!

7 Likes

It was back up 3 days ago, as my comment on the original post stated.

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

If YouTube hired moderators then the videos could be vetted before posting. Which would limit the amount of content posted but is that a bad thing? It would certainly allow for competing streaming services.

6 Likes

If not for anything else, Reverb_dot_com is presently sold out of the Electrofoods Nepenthes.

Forbidden stompbox fruit.

4 Likes

Just add the caption: No children were harmed in the making of this video.

3 Likes

…nor will be harmed by the viewing thereof, neither. So there!

3 Likes